Complimentary bikes for fz1

dduck

Ok, I have multiple bike syndrome. I purchased a new HD street glide earlier this year to compliment the FZ in the stable.

Now I cannot stop thinking about the next bike that I want.

That said looking for thoughts, ideas, and arguments for what you would go with.

What I'm kicking around: zx14, 1098/1198, R1. Or something different like a moto guzzi breva or 1200 sport, or KTM superduke. I would be interested in a cafe racer but I'm 6'2 and don't fit well, not a chopper fan. Don't want to drop the big $ on a Vmax 1700 or Diavel.

I don't like dirt riding and don't care to have dedicated tracker.

A Ducati would always be interesting - maybe a monster or the 1198.
And Triumph --- maybe a street triple or an old school bonneville

husqvarna_sm-610.jpg

You can thank me later :wilynily:

That ktm makes me drool I wish i could win the lottery i want one incredibly bad. Dduck if you haven't been on a supermoto i urge you to take one for a spin. They are the most fun you can have on two wheels. I'm not saying romping on the fz at 8k isn't fun but the glorious amount of low end power on a supermoto is awesome. the other plus is you can drop them on there side all day long and pick it up and ride away like nothing happened. Plastic parts are a lot cheaper than painting a tank too lol.

Last edited:
Seriously, even though I don't care for cruisers, I've seriously considered a Yamaha Warrior just to have something to putz around on but still have some power and handling. It has an inverted fork, sport tires and a decent lean angle for a cruiser. I figure I'd only keep it for a year or 2 and then trade it toward an FJR or Connie 14 or a Super Tenere (all decent options too).

yamaha-warrior-06.jpg

2013-Yamaha_FJR1300_rsf.jpg

2013-kawasaki-concours-14.jpg

2013-yamaha-supertenere5-small.jpg

I have many other bikes I'd like to get... :cowboy:

Last edited:
I have a 2012 Bonneville T100 and it is a great small bike lots of fun to ride and tons of parts and accessories to modify. They are priced right and might serve as a nice second bike depending on what you are looking for. I have two other sport bikes right now and this really is a nice change of pace bike.

I posted some pics when I picked it up new back in Febuary of this year.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/non-fz1-motorcycle-section/13911-new-addition-garage.html

Good Luck with the search, I have a the bug myself and I am not sure if I will be adding or trading up, I am thinking about an adventure bike such as the Triumph Explorer or Ducati MS, or maybe a sport tourer like the Triumph Sprint 1050. Its just a lot of fun to look and test ride if nothing else.

Last edited:
I like to stay cheap on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th bike...lol 86 and 91 GSXR750 and 86 GSXR1100 I have less then $4000 in all three and there all in well above average condition with stock paint and body work.

just my 2 bits....

Back