Commuting

mies

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone is using his bike to cummute to work with it?

I use my current bike to commute to work and when i get the FZ1N I was planning to keep on doing that.

Regards Michel

I commute daily until the icy mornings hit. That gives me a good 9-10 months\year that I can ride to work. Most PNW wimps stop riding as soon as the rain hits which gives them a good 4 months a year. I find I actually get a little depressed when I cant ride to work.

Yes, seasonal here as well and ride every possible day. :D I actually get a bit put-off if I "have to" take the cage for any reason. :D

We get about 7 months here IF we are lucky! I'm pushing 8,000 miles this season. :tup:

Yep, ride every day it isn't raining (and even then I get caught). Will ride into the 40's but then it isn't too much fun anymore. Overall, ride 10 months out of year here in Houston. Hate to drive car anymore. Put a cover on bike at work and keep my rain suit handy. Love the Michelin Road Pilots in the rain.

I ride everyday in the summer, unless I have to carry something bigger than will fit on my bike. In the winter if it warms up enough I'll ride. My only regret is my commute is only about seven miles so I don't get to ride enough. :)

I commute everyday 60 miles round trip, 6 day's a week, all year round unless it's icy(which here in england uk is max of a week or two every year).
I have had it 7 months and have put on 10500 miles on the clock, everything is OK so far.

My rule is that if i can get to work dry then I'm riding. I don't care if I get wet on my way home. In the summer time it's kinda nice to get a shower on my home ha ha.

I'm with joker on this one too. If it is light to no rain when I leave, I don't care what it's doing for the trip home (unless snow os forecast!) There are days that I will put on the rainsuit to go in though knowing it's going to be a great sunny day by afternoon. Days that it's just going to rain ALL day are the ones the bike doesn't make the trip... Those are the errand days when I hit multiple places with the truck to carry home stuff!

Thanks for all the feedback

I ride about 30 Miles a day for work and was wondering if anymore people would do that with a naked as I am now riding a bike with fairing.

But sounds like a lt of people are commuting so that eases my mind :)

I've been cage bound for a month because bike is buried on garage as I remodel. Sprung It free last week to enjoy a quick 20 miles.

I'll commute daily, about 30 round trip.

BUT, if you want to commute, carve, wheelie, or just flat out haul, what difference does it make what the rest of us are doing or how it is being done. Just get out and enjoy the ride, of course with all the proper gear and enjoy it as you keep the rubber side down.......

Oh i totally agree with that.

BTW here are some pics of the bike I am planning to get

2009fz1abskando01prvtcm.jpg

2009fz1abskando02prvtcm.jpg

2009fz1abskando02prvtcm.jpg

I really like the graphics on it.

Back