Commuting

Iwata is a big product/company name in Japan. One of the products of their business is graphics, air brushes, etc. :D

I own this one:

hpbcs_hardware.jpg

Now, they cover a GREAT deal of products but since it is bike graphic related, I'm picking on their product line for this case. I could be totally wrong though it fits!

I commute everyday rain or shine (don't get ice / snow in Melbourne, but it does get cold and rain a lot in winter).

The FZ1 is he best bike I've commuted on -- riding position lets you see over cars and not get the wrist ache you would on an R1 etc. I fitted Oxford Hot Grips (the new 2009 'Sports' model) they look great and work really well.

I don't get much chance to use anything like the power it has, but the lazy delivery means that I'm not up and down the gears in traffic all the time.

The FZ1-N is a ripper -- best bike I've owned and I had a few bikes!

Iwata is the city where the several factory of Yamaha are located.

Now I anly have to wait until 12-12-09 and then i get it

I ride down to 30 F , it is dark so I can't see if it is
slick. I have 22 miles one way. Half is hi-way, the rest is in the city
I probably have about 2 weeks left until I put it
up for the year.

i commute to work every day on my fz. i live about an hour away from work so its a nice ride and i live in south louisiana so it never really gets cold. its usually perfect temperature to ride during the winter around here. you just have to watch out for the ocassional alligator in the middle of road lol

Heck yeah I commute with mine. Sometimes on the way home I get sidetracked and end up riding elsewhere making it a long ride home. Love to ride and as far as commuting in the rain....got to love that. Being on the bike is the best therapy.

Commute year round- awesome!!

Not familiar with \\\\\\"iwata\\\\\\"......

Is that the equalivalent of \\\\\\"I love\\\\\\"???

Especially the FZ's that come from mamayama's plant?

Iwata is a big product/company name in Japan. One of the products of their business is graphics, air brushes, etc. :D

I own this one:

hpbcs_hardware.jpg

Now, they cover a GREAT deal of products but since it is bike graphic related, I'm picking on their product line for this case. I could be totally wrong though it fits!

Iwata is the city where the several factory of Yamaha are located.

Now I anly have to wait until 12-12-09 and then i get it

Iwata, according to Yam. web site is where they built the factory in 1966 and moved the corp. offices to in 72. And yeah, I have a Iwata spray gun too! Shazamm! I Larn som'tm eryday.:shine:

My Gen 1 had 27,600 miles on it when I bought it 3 1/2 months ago. I do 100 miles a day round trip to work. The bike now has 35,750 miles on it and all of the ones I have put on it have been AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flash:

If it's not raining, and below around the vicinity of 34 degrees, then I'm on the FZ1 for the commute. For the last six months I've had a much longer commute to a new job that has done not much but cost me money and time, and is very dangerous to boot. I'm working feverishly on fixing this colossal mistake. In six months I've put about 7k miles on the bike. Wow.

I'm finding out what my limits for a commute are this week. I rode almost all summer, even in rain. I have a nice Frank Thomas one piece rain suit. This week the coldest it's been is 28 degrees in the morning. With just my leather jacket (the liner is out) and my heavy gloves I haven't had any problems. My wife had a balacava I borrowed to keep the neck warm and it's helped wonders. It's not a far ride so I don't have time to get cold but I think I could go a lot further, especially if I had leather pants. So far the legs are the only thing getting a little cold.

I ride pretty much everyday and have a blast in the twistys on the way to and from work. Lane split to the front and piss everyone off in a car. I love it. Girlfriend hates it to how I can leave with 15 till I start and still rock in on time. By a bike and life will improve!!!

I ride 156 miles round trip, that is why I love the riding position of the FZ! When I do the same trip on my Busa I am longing to get to work so I can get off the bike! When I am on the FZ, I have to stop myself from bypassing work and hitting the twisties!

Back