Cold Weather gloves

Deftone

Anyone try Held Gloves? They're supposed to be the best of the best. They have a glove called the "Warm & Dry" and another called the "Freezer" for cold weather riding.

Seasonal Gloves

I'm considering the "Warm & Dry." They are supposed to work well with heated grips. I have some cold weather gloves but they are too thick and bulky to ride in.

I have had Held gloves and they are a good glove but I bought Racer gloves and like them even more.
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc. These guys had the Racer gloves I wanted 10 bucks cheaper than anyone else.

Take a look at these PACIFIC POWERSPORTS DISTRIBUTING - WATERPROOF GLOVES

I don't like bulky either so I did buy the silk liners from Held, wow they really help any glove without bulking up your hands. Handguards make a huge difference for cold weather riding. I just got my Barkbuster Storms for the FZ but haven't had time to try them out yet but hope to ride Monday for a test ride :)

So with you just down the hill from me we should meet and ride Misquito ridge or some other fun twisty roads in our area. Send me a pm if you want to meet in Auburn and ride sometime. Doug

I use the Alpinestar Dry-Star gloves when it's too cold for my normal Helds. Once they are on for a few minutes, I don't notice them. I also have a set of hand mitts that slide over the bars that block all the wind.

Anyone try Held Gloves? They're supposed to be the best of the best. They have a glove called the "Warm & Dry" and another called the "Freezer" for cold weather riding.

Seasonal Gloves

I'm considering the "Warm & Dry." They are supposed to work well with heated grips. I have some cold weather gloves but they are too thick and bulky to ride in.

Those look really nice. Not sure how bulky they are? I currently use Klim powerXcross gloves for colder temps. $79 vs. $199

http://www.motoadv.com/products/Klim-PowerXross-Glove.html

Love Klim gear!

I've got a set of the Warm & Dry gloves. The bulk isn't too bad, still have good tactile feel of the controls considering the palms are lined. I run them with heated grips and mitts over the controls and I'm good down to at least freezing. I wouldn't say these gloves are that warm but any more bulk and I wouldn't want to ride with them on. Without heated grips and wind protection my hands would be good down to about the mid 40's, ymmv. You can find these for $179.

I have had Held gloves and they are a good glove but I bought Racer gloves and like them even more.
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc. These guys had the Racer gloves I wanted 10 bucks cheaper than anyone else.

Take a look at these PACIFIC POWERSPORTS DISTRIBUTING - WATERPROOF GLOVES

I don't like bulky either so I did buy the silk liners from Held, wow they really help any glove without bulking up your hands. Handguards make a huge difference for cold weather riding. I just got my Barkbuster Storms for the FZ but haven't had time to try them out yet but hope to ride Monday for a test ride :)

So with you just down the hill from me we should meet and ride Misquito ridge or some other fun twisty roads in our area. Send me a pm if you want to meet in Auburn and ride sometime. Doug

Nice. good info, thanks. Yes let's ride! I actually have not ridden Mosquito Ridge yet. Heard good thing about it though. I have ridden Wentworth Springs rd. though. Good lord, that road rivals Laguna Seca.

I love my teknic thunder waterproof gloves which I got for $30 shipped from MS

Only $30? That's a steal. I've had some Teknic stuff before and it wasn't bad at all.

I'm thinking even a semi decent pair of gloves will suffice if I use heated grips and wind deflectors (bark busters) I don't think I will ride in temperatures any lower than the high 30's.

If you plan on using heated grips and hand guards, you probably don't need winter gloves to be honest. IMO, it's the wind that kills you and blocking that makes such a difference

Only $30? That's a steal. I've had some Teknic stuff before and it wasn't bad at all.

I'm thinking even a semi decent pair of gloves will suffice if I use heated grips and wind deflectors (bark busters) I don't think I will ride in temperatures any lower than the high 30's.

I wish I could get more of the Teknic stuff. However, their inventory for US is pretty reduced and I don't think they are sending any over here. I have seen them to be the best value in terms of quality even compared to the A*, Scorpion, Dianese, etc

I decided to snatch the bark busters off my KTM Dirt Bike and use them on my FZ1. Seeing as how I have the same bars on both bikes, I figured they'd fit fine. They're pretty beat up from crashing in the dirt, but they do work just fine.

Tested them out on a ride with OneSizeFitsAll. Fun ride, my hands did get a little cold, but I was wearing some roadrace gloves. I suspect heated grips will be the ticket. I can set that up for about $25 while the cold weather gloves are getting close to $200.

After installing the Tusk grip heaters, I still experienced some cold fingertips after about 10 minutes @36 degrees F. even with silk liners in. Of course, these are road race gloves and have perforations between the fingers so I can't really expect them to help much in weather that cold.

So I went down to Cycle Gear and picked up a pair of Alpinestars WR-3 gloves. I read some decent reviews so I'm thinking with the heaters these should do fine. I don't think I'll be riding in anything much colder than that.

2008_Alpinestars_WR-3_Gore-Tex_Glove_Black.jpg

Back