Changing the gauge colors

Cool thanks I might try this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Go for it. it takes about an hour or less to pull the gauge. then $65 for the guy in Buffalo (Bluegauges) to do it. The most challenging part is doing the needle... Here's why: When you re-apply the needle to the motor pin, it has to be in the right place. at first, I plugged the gauge back in and tuned it on and it zeroed out at about 3K, so i had to re pull it and install it while the needle was energized, so i reapplied it while it was plugged into the bike. That was awfully wordy but i think it made sense...

Wind the needle past about 6k (from memory) by hand. It will then take off by itself and stop at about 7 0'clock. I call this the park position. Mark that spot. When reinstalling put it in the marked spot and wind it back to about 6k it will go back by itself to the stopper pin. Done this quite a few times and the revs seem correct. Don't push the needle on too far. It will bind and you'll think you've stuffed your tacho. Don't ask how I know!
If you have a PCV, you can check your Tacho by plugging in the PCV and opening the program on your lap top and comparing the revs displayed.

Last edited:
Wind the needle past about 6k (from memory) by hand. It will then take off by itself and stop at about 7 0'clock. I call this the park position. Mark that spot. When reinstalling put it in the marked spot and wind it back to about 6k it will go back by itself to the stopper pin. Done this quite a few times and the revs seem correct. Don't push the needle on too far. It will bind and you'll think you've stuffed your tacho. Don't ask how I know!
If you have a PCV, you can check your Tacho by plugging in the PCV and opening the program on your lap top and comparing the revs displayed.

Now that my ECU is back from Ivan, Im going to hook up my laptop and compare the needle to the digital readout from PC3. I hope its right... Id rather not pull it off again :surrender:

Huh I just remembered where it's normal idle was at and then when I went to reinstall I started the bike and let it idle and re installed the needle to the correct idle revs. Haven't had one issue and was simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh I just remembered where it's normal idle was at and then when I went to reinstall I started the bike and let it idle and re installed the needle to the correct idle revs. Haven't had one issue and was simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have done that... But I had no ECU :retard: That would have been much easier!

Back