CBR500 Official Photos

Dustin

First Official Shots of the 2013 Honda CBR500

Great looking bike. I always thought the fully-faired GS500F was an ugly son of a bitch but this thing looks fantastic. It's a 54 hp parallel twin but no idea what the weight or components are like

I had a GS500F as my very first bike and it was a great choice. I hope this bike is successful in attracting new riders who would have otherwise started on a 600 because the smaller 250/300s were 'too gay' for them

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome. I know these smaller bikes (CBR 250/500 and Ninja 250/300/650 FZ6R) all look sporty, but they are really 'standard' bikes as far as the seating position. I am very happy to see a return of the 'standard' seating position. It seemed for quite a while you had to choose from dirt (standard, but not), stretched out cruiser or squished up crotch rocket. I'm also a big fan of the Suzuki TU250.
2011_Suzuki_TU250_Motorcycle.jpg

I'm not sure it sold well, but a return of this style and look of bike should be good for the industry. So many riders want to define themselves by cruiser or sportbike, or something. How about just motorcycle!

I'd love to see Suzuki get more involved and Yamaha at least stick their toe in the water. We shall see. I hope this 500 sells well. I like having 250, 300, 500 and 600/650 all around. And with a few 750/800's and then the 1000 and 1300/1400's (and the 1800 cruisers), there's a very nice selection to fit everyone. You don't have to just look at 600 or 1000 anymore. :yes:

Also, the 2013 CBR250 gets racy... Repsol colors!
090412-2013-honda-cbr250r-repsol.jpg

Also an all black and a solid red version, both with black exhaust and wheels. Info from Motorcycle.com

I also would love to see the CB1100 come to the states, but I know it won't. Just like the Yamaha XJR1300 :(
HondaCB1100.jpg

2003-Yamaha-XJR1300c-small.jpg

And I don't know that this will come to America, but it looks interesting, Honda Crosstourer...
HondaCrosstourer.jpg

I can't for the life of me understand why none of these bikes make it here to the states. I'm sure that a standard 1100 would sell nicely here. Do they do some kind of market research here beforehand or is it due to emissions?

That's awesome. I know these smaller bikes (CBR 250/500 and Ninja 250/300/650 FZ6R) all look sporty, but they are really 'standard' bikes as far as the seating position. I am very happy to see a return of the 'standard' seating position.
Me to... the good old standard seating position works just fine and has for many decades.

I can't for the life of me understand why none of these bikes make it here to the states. I'm sure that a standard 1100 would sell nicely here. Do they do some kind of market research here beforehand or is it due to emissions?

Has to be market research. They know what market will be interested in certain models. The US is flodded with so many different bikes, brands and sizes that Honda knows intoducing another model here probably won't fare well.

Has to be market research. They know what market will be interested in certain models. The US is flodded with so many different bikes, brands and sizes that Honda knows intoducing another model here probably won't fare well.

That Stinks! I'd love to get a hold of that 1100. I guess I'll have to dream of hitting that lottery! I'd be bringing over some awesome bikes!

We are going to see the CBR500 here for sure, thankfully. That 1100 is an awesome bike but like the Honda GB500 and Kawasaki W650, those modern classic style bikes don't seem to do well in North America

More Photos of the 2013 Honda CBR500R

Some specs:
Engine Type 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke 67.0mm x 66.8mm
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
Induction Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Transmission Six-speed
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Front Brakes Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
Rear Brakes Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
ABS Optional
Front Tires 120/70-17
Rear Tires 160/60-17
Wheelbase 55.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle) 25° 5’
Trail 103mm (4.05 inches)
Seat Height 30.9 inches
Fuel Capacity 4.1 gallons including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red, Red, ABS model Red only
Curb Weight 425/429 pounds