CBR1000R or R1?

I realy hate to say it, but the NEW Honda's are awesome. But I guess it is a difference between a bunch of electronic doo-dads or without. The new Honds is without the extras and the Yamaha has all the traction, wheelee control ect. Reviews have liked the Honda, less stuff to worry about with better low and mid range. JMHO

Supposedly, the 2013 model will have more electronics and even a different engine (I hear). But, I'm happy with this one. The new balance free rear shock virtually negates the need for traction control. And I'm not getting ABS either.

Supposedly, the 2013 model will have more electronics and even a different engine (I hear). But, I'm happy with this one. The new balance free rear shock virtually negates the need for traction control. And I'm not getting ABS either.

I like that Keep It Simple philosophy however among the current crop of Japs, I will get the ZX-10R otherwise the S1000RR.

I'm not 100% on that. It's what I'd prefer (to keep the FZ1 and have this for track only), but not sure. I know he has 2 sets of wheels for this bike that he uses. For track and for street.
The 07 Honda is a completely different bike than the 08. The 08 was BOTY for different rags. I wouldn't buy an 07 Honda.

I like that Keep It Simple philosophy however among the current crop of Japs, I will get the ZX-10R otherwise the S1000RR.

My friend says his S1000 handles worse than his CBR that he raced. The Kawi's are great for straight speed, drag etc. but see how the poorer handling is a drawback (see Sykes in WSBK), for me at least. But really, it just comes down to preference. I like the handling, midrange power, and smoothness of the CBR.

Agreed. I was down to years 10-12. The 12 new suspension, module, new body, frame, wheels won me over. :)
My best friend just bought the 2012 Honda and has removed the pipe and put an exhaust on it that looks like the Buell --- it's awesome, the pipe is all under the bike. He loves the bike and it instantly made him a more confident rider.

I've never owned a super sport but feel I would love any of them. The bikes of today are better than the best race bikes of just 10 years ago.

Well guys, I will get around to posting pics. I'm so enjoying the new ride. It is simply AWESOME! Tremendous machine. Best motorcycle I've been on. Did the 600 oil change and now at 1400 miles. Doing a couple mods (rearsets, spools, sliders, -- more to come). Had the suspension professionally tuned today. I'm sorry, but I loved the FZ1 and Yamaha and there is nothing close to this CBR, IMO. And I've ridden a lot of bikes. :) I can't stop grinning :D Everyone should try one ;)

Another thing. So, I was talking with my suspension guy about the R1. He was very much unfavorable to the exhaust that goes under the seat.

Of course, he mentioned that the stock exhaust heats up the rear shock on mine (2012 CBR) and that I should think about getting a Penske and slip on------which apparatently won't have the same impact point and put out heat less? Sound right? I will have to think about that.....

He did say the front had great set up. The Showa front shocks are AMAZING!

Back