CBR1000R or R1?

I think it's a decent deal for $6k. Is it going to be strictly a track bike for you?

I'm not 100% on that. It's what I'd prefer (to keep the FZ1 and have this for track only), but not sure. I know he has 2 sets of wheels for this bike that he uses. For track and for street.

I'm not 100% on that. It's what I'd prefer (to keep the FZ1 and have this for track only), but not sure. I know he has 2 sets of wheels for this bike that he uses. For track and for street.

Well I guess you know the owner and the bike and if it was repaired correctly from the previous accident then go for it...you don't want to buy a new bike to go race it on the track where it could potentially be totaled and not covered by insurance.

The crossplane thing seems turned out to be a big bag of baloney. Overweight turd. Only good thing about that is the feedback while leaned over and the sound. Otherwise CBR is a no brainer. Hell, you can take it sport touring too as it is more comfortable and gives much more mpgs than the R1.

That's what he kept on about.......the crossplane engine, etc.

Crossplane engine sounds good (to me at least) and does offer some traction advantage in the way it puts the power down. Thing is I doubt most riders could even take full advantage of it. Plus R1 is overweight and down on power when compared to the rest of the current liter bikes.

I got what I needed to buy the new bike. I had wanted to keep both, but didn't want to finance anything. So, only get to keep the new one......

Last edited:
Congrats Frank! The CBR is a mean looking bike. Make sure to post up some pics when you get her home, and remember, you don't have to high-tail it out of here just because your sporting a Honda!

It will look something like this :tup: .

146_1109%2B2012-honda-cbr1000rr-wallpaper-07%2B.jpg

Back