Cant start bike, Please help!

First off, I want to thank Eric for coming out and helping me find the problem. Amazing guy, if it wasn't for him I would still be :cuss: trying to find the problem. Fuel pump is at fault, its not pressurizing the system at all even though its priming. :disapproval: Also the pendulum in the LSA has to be in there at all time even though the ECU error was gone. Now I have to just get this fuel pump issue fixed, would want to rebuild it or just find a used one. Dont want to pay $350+ for a new one :jaw drop: If anyone knows anything about where I can get this fuel pump issue fixed for the cheap, Please let me know! Thanks guys for all the help. I highly appreciate it! :)

Here is a new one on eBay for 139.99 I saw one the other day being parted out at 50.00 keep looking.
09 10 Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R Gas Fuel Pump OEM 20S-13907-00 stock | eBay

John, I was glad to be able to help you out today. I know it wasn't the greatest news but at least you got to hear the bike running and know that the motor is fine. We solved the LAS issue and identified the fuel pump as the root of the problem at this time.

You know know the clutch is fine and you just need to get the FZ1 specific cable with adjusters and put that bracket back on. The next major item is the throttle cables... a new set of those should fix those issues.

Know that you know all the parts you need, you can work toward them. :tup:

I hope stuff turns up cheap for you and you can get the bike road-worthy. It's going to be a lot of work but the bike has potential to become whole again. Keep the progress posted here!

-Eric

Parts for FZ1

I have many parts off my '07 that you might need. I crashed it into a deer. Parts sitting in a pile. Stock airbox complete, fuel pump, harnesses, most of the stuff under the seat and fuel tank are not damaged.

First off, I want to thank Eric for coming out and helping me find the problem. Amazing guy, if it wasn't for him I would still be :cuss: trying to find the problem. Fuel pump is at fault, its not pressurizing the system at all even though its priming. :disapproval: Also the pendulum in the LSA has to be in there at all time even though the ECU error was gone. Now I have to just get this fuel pump issue fixed, would want to rebuild it or just find a used one. Dont want to pay $350+ for a new one :jaw drop: If anyone knows anything about where I can get this fuel pump issue fixed for the cheap, Please let me know! Thanks guys for all the help. I highly appreciate it! :)

Nice one Eric , glad yer on ya way with the repairs mate . hope ya up n running soon:)

Got her running!

Took the pump out and it was just not pushed in all the way. Pushed it back into place and now i got her purring real good :cheers: Now only thing I need is throttle, clutch cable and a fresh oil change and I should be able to :sport12:

Last edited:
Almost Finished!

Bump for progress on this rebuild! Any news/luck?

Hey all. Got her running good now. Just need the clutch and throttle cables to ride. Called the DMV and I have to file a couple of forms and have some 1 from the DMV come out and check out the bike and I will be able to ride it on the streets legally with a rebuild title. So we will see how things turn out. I will deff keep you guys posted. Over all I think i will maybe spend $2k (1500 so far including bike) on the whole process with a certificate of destruction that will i will be able to drive on the streets and have a rebuildable title. Not a bad price for building a second gen fz1 to my likings. Hopefully this will help some one out on a budget like me ;) Thanks all so much for the help! :sport12:

Last edited:
Hey all. Got her running good now. Just need the clutch and throttle cables to ride. Called the DMV and I have to file a couple of forms and have some 1 from the DMV come out and check out the bike and I will be able to ride it on the streets legally with a rebuild title. So we will see how things turn out. I will deff keep you guys posted. Thanks all so much for the help! :sport12:

How did you pull that off? ;) I'd read that it was nearly impossible with that death certificate. This is VERY cool though!

I looked up your parts on PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket. and they are not all that expensive there. :tup:

THROTTLE CABLE ASSY 2D1-26302-00-00 $23.90
CABLE, CLUTCH 3C3-26335-00-00 $29.24

Under $75 shipped!

How did you pull that off? ;) I'd read that it was nearly impossible with that death certificate. This is VERY cool though!

I looked up your parts on PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket. and they are not all that expensive there. :tup:

THROTTLE CABLE ASSY 2D1-26302-00-00 $23.90
CABLE, CLUTCH 3C3-26335-00-00 $29.24

Under $75 shipped!

Yea I called the DMV and asked about it. Apparently all you need are the pics after the crash and the Certificate of Destruction fill out two forms and there will be some one from the DMV that comes out and inspects the bike ($40) to make sure that its all street legal, like turning signals, headlight etc. You will then be issued a rebuild title and thats it. :evillaugh: Thats not a bad deal for both cables and there brand new :eek5: Deff going with that thanks man! :D

I hope this is the kicker and you're up on two soon. Awesome if you can recover from the COD! Yes, new cables are not too bad. Partshark is a very decent place for OEM parts and they discount heavily from MSRP on all their stuff. Shipping can be a bit of a delay/pain so don't expect it to arrive immediately. ;)

Back