Cant start bike, Please help!

Still trying to get my bike started after many many tries. The bike has not started in around 6 months maybe more... Bike was in accident and now im trying to get her running again. Error codes, 13,22 and 41. I was getting Error 30 witch is latch detected on the LAS.(lean angle sensor) Cleared that code by removing the magnet in the sensor. My genius friend tried to start the bike without the LAS installed and now im getting error 41 :doh2: and i cant seem to reset... Also All the left side controls are not yet installed as im still waiting to get 1. Please help me reset error 41 that i cant seem to shake (went into dealer mode hit the kill switch to run and nothing). When i was only getting error 13 and 22 the bike still did not want to start. :shoot: only thing i can think of is not getting fuel to the injectors but the fuel pump is priming. Any advise on how i can get my bike started will be greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys so much! :eek:

Orlando help?!

If there is anyone one in the downtown Orlando area that could possibly come and help me with this issue would be the greatest life saver ever! :eek: Please help!

Does it turn over? or do nothing? have you looked at the switch on the side stand? if the bike has been crashed that could be a likely candidate.

Does it turn over? or do nothing? have you looked at the switch on the side stand? if the bike has been crashed that could be a likely candidate.

+1 A simple thing that has caused much frustration. These switches have a tendency to stick on bike that see the out doors a lot. I lube mine every once in awhile.

The bike wants to crank but it seemed like something is not letting it start like fuel or something not really sure. I have not checked my side stand switch. What should i do to it to get it going? Anyone know any tricks on how to reset the error code 41?

Last edited:
In the manual, it is outlined on 8-40. Diagnostic Mode. Page 8-46 shows what to do for erasing the error codes. You will need to be in d62 with the kill switch in the off/kill position. Switch the kill to "RUN" for 5 seconds then back to kill. Go to D61 to see if any codes exist. Shut the key then start the bike normally. If the error returns, you have something still faulting the bike that will need to be addressed. BUT first, go to d61 and watch the codes flash... one every two seconds. Note them before clearing.

Also found this in case you do not have the manual. I'd posted this on a prior thread to help out.

Do you have the service manual? Do you know how to get into DIAG mode? If so, check d61 with the KILL SWITCH in the OFF/NO START position. When you hit d61, it will display any error codes and if there is more than one, it will change every two seconds. Write those down and consult the manual.

To do this, perform the following steps:

With the key in the ignition and the KILL switch in the NO START position:
Press and hold both SELECT and RESET on the instrument cluster
Turn the key to the ON position while still pressing the two buttons for 8 seconds. The display will change to "dl"
Release the buttons then press both again for two seconds until you see "d01"
Once there, use the reset button to move backward through the list or Select to move forward.
Scroll to d61 and wait for 30 seconds to monitor any error codes. Write them down.
To clear the codes, scroll up one to d62
Put the KILL switch in the RUN position and wait 5 seconds.
Put the KILL switch into the NO START position
Scroll to d61 and verify the error codes are erased.

ahhh! :jaw drop: got it to erase! I was doing the kill swtich in d61 still. But finally got them all erased, i tried to start it but the batt juice is out from trying to start it b4. Ill have the batt recharged and try again and let you guys know. Also, i cant seem to find the fz1 airbox but i found an r1 airbox that seems to have the same bolt pattern do u guys think it will be ok to use to hook up all the sensors again ? Thank you all so much for all the help you guys are life savers! :cheers:

Last edited:
the fz and r1 air box sensor's are physically different as is the air box. when i put the r1 engine in my fz i had to fit the r1 sensor into my fz air box because the conector was different , im not sure if they have a different impeedence ... the air box will fit just to fire the bike up but im not sure if the tank will fit over it if your planning to run it with it on permenently

Cheers mate , its been a while since i fitted the r1 engine and im racking my brains here to help , the r1 frame is a different shape but i cant remember if the air box was bigger or smaller :confused0024::confused0024:

Just talked to some one that tried to fit it and since the frame its different the airbox is about an inch or so off so it will not fit at all! sucks cuz i found a bunch of r1 airboxes for $30. :doh2: If anyone has a spare airbox let me know and i will buy it of you! :flash:

if you have the fz airbox sensor you may be able to fit the r1 airbox to fire the bike up .... the sensor measures the air presure in the box but when ive checked my electrics for faults and errors just to see if the engine would turn ive done it with no air box on and just the sensor connected before !

Just talked to some one that tried to fit it and since the frame its different the airbox is about an inch or so off so it will not fit at all! sucks cuz i found a bunch of r1 airboxes for $30. :doh2: If anyone has a spare airbox let me know and i will buy it of you! :flash:

I might, I know I have a bottom just not sure if I have a top. I'l check tomorrow

Update!

Got the battery back today. Codes have not come back but the bike still will not crank. :confused: It seems like it really wants to tho but nothing. Not sure if I have to have an airbox hooked up just to get her running. Any one know what i should do to try and crank her? AHHH!!! :( Some 1 please help! This is making me crazy i am so close! :sinister:

Man! So sorry bud. I know how fustrating it is when you have some unknown gremlin hindering your progress. I went through that with my 01' a while back and it took over two weeks of troubleshooting to finally figure out the issue. It wound up being a bad spark plug. Even though I was getting spark when testing them, the porcelain had a fine crack in it and it was arching against the cylinder cover once the plug was screwed into the cylinder. It drove me and alot of members crazy. I hope you get it running soon. I'm terrible with GenII bikes and all their computer controlled stuff on them. Me, I stick to carbbed bikes.

Got the battery back today. Codes have not come back but the bike still will not crank. :confused: It seems like it really wants to tho but nothing. Not sure if I have to have an airbox hooked up just to get her running. Any one know what i should do to try and crank her? AHHH!!! :( Some 1 please help! This is making me crazy i am so close! :sinister:

So it wants to crank, but it can't? I guess it has never run since the accident? Do yourself a favor and pull out the spark plugs then try to crank it. If it laid on the ground for a while it's very possible that some oil got past the piston rings and into the combustion chamber and now the engine is hydro-locked since the oil can't be compressed and has nowhere to go...just an idea.

Damn I really hope my motor is not hydrolocked. I will deff pull the plugs tomorrow and check to see if there is any oil in it. Im thinking though that since the lean angle sensor was activated the motor would of been shut down immediately. But will see tomorrow. I will keep u guys posted. Any other ideas on why it wont start ? Thanks a lot in advance! Im thinking it might be a fuel issue for some reason any way to check if the injector are getting fuel ? Also no clutch switch or anything on the left side of the bike for that matter would that cause it not to crank? Ill post a video tomorrow of everything.

Last edited:
Back