Bummed

RI_Grinch

Well...Wednesday started out like any typical day. Got up went to work. When I came back to the shop for lunch one of my co-workers comes up to me and says "Hey,I noticed a little puddle of oil under your bike." Of course at that point I run over to my bike and sure enough there is a small puddle under it. I immediately called the dealer. Trying not to flip out on the salesman,I told him what was going on. He tells me,"No worries just bring it in and we will take care of it for you." Well after work I went and dropped it off. Got a call the next day and it turned out to be a seal behind the front sprocket. Parts are on order and I "SHOULD" have it back by late next week. I am so bummed out. But on the bright side...At least its under warranty so I would have to pay a dime out of pocket for it.

That's actually a very common thing on the Gen 1's... happened to mine.. it was GUSHING oil... takes about 10 minutes to fix.... I didn't even order the OEM gasket... ct one out of a piece of cork and used a little RTV to make everything happy....

Good that the dealer is taking care of it for you for free though.

VA_Rider is correct. I got a 30 day warranty with the purchase of the bike through the dealer. I have owned the bike 1 week tomorrow. Not the way I wanted things to go..but at least it happened now and not on day 31.

VA_Rider is correct. I got a 30 day warranty with the purchase of the bike through the dealer. I have owned the bike 1 week tomorrow. Not the way I wanted things to go..but at least it happened now and not on day 31.

Yea, on the bright side it wont cost you any money to get it fixed...Hope you get it back soon as we've had unseasonably warm weather so far this Fall.

I'm kind of glad it happend. Like VA said its a common issue, at least it went now and not when it will be on your dime. No more issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the age of the bike and the commonality of the issue, it was due. You're fortunate that a dealer gave a warranty at all on a bike that old. No cost to you is great!! No worries as we all experience some unwanted down time on our bikes... we all hate it but we know it will happen.

Like everyone said, you're lucky it happened on their dime. Now you own a great bike that I suspect will serve you very well with no further problems.

Back