Broke Down Again Today!

why can't I get that kind of deal.....he is going to store it at your place right??

Yeah! I WISH. No it's going home to his house. I'll tell you one thing, after sitting on it and riding it up the block, I kinda got an itch if you know what I mean. And no, I'll never get rid of my FZ...never!, but maybe a second knockaround bike for the twisties????HMMMM????

why can't I get that kind of deal.....he is going to store it at your place right??

Let's not go that far :lol: This is going to be a winter project, but the bike is all there and runs so I'll clean it up a bit and replace a broken foot peg. After that I'll enjoy it as is the rest of this riding season. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow...

YZF Walkaround

Here's a quick walkaround of Tony's YZF1000 which we picked up today, and that I had the pleasure of riding all the way home for him. Thats certainly not work for me. There should be a job like that. I'd be early for work every morning. I didn't get any rolling video today. The weather was a bit crappy, but Tony took some pictures and will probably post them soon. The bike ran perfectly, especially for something that had sat for over two years. I fell in love with it since it reminded me of the GSXR I had back in the day. My 47 year old legs however, couldn't handle the high rearsets anymore, so I had to stop twice to stretch out. For a short ride up to the mountain for some twisty action, it would be great, but I can't see myself riding it all day. And to think, the previous owner rode that bike to Cancun Mexico, there and back, over 8,000 miles!, and he was older than me. God Bless Him!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77at6qoCXEc]YouTube - YZF1000 Walkaround[/ame]

Nice Tony! What year is that?

Believe it or not, I've been riding since 93 and the only "R" type bike I've been on is a Ninja, back in 96. I'd love to try it again. I might get my chance. A few guys I haven't seen in years are getting together for a ride in a couple weeks.

Hey Billy, I hear ya. My 50 year old back & knees aren't what they used to be either. But something like that would be GREAT as a second bike. Along with a cruiser with a back rest. A buddy and I were out a few weekends ago. He has a 90 something Honda Shadow 1100. We switch off a lot. Every part of me, except my back, would NEVER trade the FZ1 for ANYTHING. My back says; "hey ya know, this ain't too bad at all."

I bought the FZ1 as a 50th birthday present to myself. My 60th (65th???)present may be a smaller cruiser. But I'll worry about that then.

Test Ride Results......

Well, as you may guess, I made it back home from my test ride this afternoon. When I started the bike it was a little rough but I'm attesting that to maybe fouled plugs from the breakdown. I will pull them Saturday to check them and clean them if necessary. They are brand new so maybe a cleaning is in order. There was still a bit of carbon when I revved it over 5 thousand. Thats hopefully just carbon sitting in the exhaust from when I broke down. After about ten minutes I rode to the nearest gas station, (Not Sunoco!), and filled it with 93 octane. I had only three miles on my trip meter when I broke down and put another 3.3 miles going around the block about 6 or 7 times without even one stutter. I'm not going to take a chance taking it to work tomorrow so it's the train for one more day. I'll wait until I check the plugs and change out the gas filter first on Saturday. I'm hoping to have everything buttoned up by Sunday in order to meet Tony up on the mountain for a spin. I just have this inherent fear about getting stuck which hopefully will go away in time.

This post is for Tony or any other rider who has AAA coverage and has the misfortune of breaking down in NY. YOUR NOT COVERED! No matter what plan you have. Of course the great state of NY SUCKS AGAIN!! I was on the phone with them today and they said that AAA does not honor motorcycles, even with the RV plan in NY. Go figure. I called Geico this evening and the guy told me that if I want to add roadside assistance, it will up my premium from $339.00 a year to $1189.00 a year. I told him that for $800.00 dollars I could be 100 miles from home, break down, call a cab, and still have money left over. I can't wait to get the hell out of this city. I absolutely hate it here. I am trapped until my son finishes high school. I can't afford to lose his scholarship at this point. I'm going to call the AMA tomorrow from work to see what they offer.

Back