Bought a 2001 FZ1 a week ago. Very pleased with my new machine.

My FZ1 is a torque monster, and a blast to ride. Love how she has a riding position that's more liken to a standard machine, yet she's all sport liter bike and then some. Wife and kids love being on the back. Very pleased with my purchase. Previously owned a 88 Ninja 600 ( restored & bored to 723), 2003 GSXR 750, 2003 Kawi Vulcan Mean Streak, & a 2001 Kawi ZRX 1100. It's a little early but I must say this Yamaha Blue FZ1 might be the best bike I ever owned. Look forward to exchanging with you all about this beautiful machine. Right now, looking for a nice Yamaha Blue anodized bolt kit for fairing and wind screen, any advice on that.

My FZ1 is a torque monster, and a blast to ride. Love how she has a riding position that's more liken to a standard machine, yet she's all sport liter bike and then some. Wife and kids love being on the back. Very pleased with my purchase. Previously owned a 88 Ninja 600 ( restored & bored to 723), 2003 GSXR 750, 2003 Kawi Vulcan Mean Streak, & a 2001 Kawi ZRX 1100. It's a little early but I must say this Yamaha Blue FZ1 might be the best bike I ever owned. Look forward to exchanging with you all about this beautiful machine. Right now, looking for a nice Yamaha Blue anodized bolt kit for fairing and wind screen, any advice on that.

Congrats!! I bought my 2001 FZ1 in Yamaha Blue two months ago....it was my first bike. Never rode a motorcycle before. I started riding to work for the last 3 days now....I do ok, but the heavy traffic on freeway on the way home is terrible....especially when the weather is 90+.

Ringo, Congrat's on your Machine. Congrats on being on 2 wheels. You be careful, and don't let traffic dictate how you ride.

Thanks Whitmore for the wise tip. I'm getting a little more comfortable with splitting lane here in California worse highway (101). It's bumper to bumper all the way home. I only do it when speed is 30 MPH or less. I been reading that its more dangerous if I don't split lane when possible due to rear end fatalities. Not sure if this is true or not.

Back