Big Pictures!!!

Hosting your images somewhere else is the key.... such as Picasa, SmugMug, Flickr, etc.

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

All of that said, you shouldn't post "huge" images... try to keep them around 800px on the long side.

I just use the thumbnail view, I'm too lazy to hang them somewhere else. I figure a reader can just click on the thumbnail.

Why the heck do they call it a thumbnail anyway??? Why not a toenail???

Etymology

A thumbnail, from which the word "thumbnail" derives its meaning.
The word "thumbnail" is a reference to the human thumbnail and alludes towards the small size of the image or picture, comparable to the size of the human thumbnail.[1][2] While the earliest use of the word in this sense dates back to the 17th century,[3] the American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms is reported to have documented that the expression first appears in the mid-19th century to refer to 'a drawing the size of the thumbnail'.[4] The word was then used figuratively, in both noun and adjective form, to refer to anything small or concise, such as a biographical essay. The use of the word "thumbnail" in the specific context of computer images as 'a small graphical representation, as of a larger graphic, a page layout, etc.' appears to have been first used in the 1980s.[3]

Thumbnail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here

Let me make it easy for you

Start a photobucket profile.

Upload your pics to photo bucket

Click the " Copy Image URL " option on photobucket

Click Insert Image

Paste the URL

Bam you have big pics :D

Let me make it easy for you

Start a photobucket profile.

Upload your pics to photo bucket

Click the " Copy Image URL " option on photobucket

Click Insert Image

Paste the URL

Bam you have big pics :D

thank, that was the best answer yet! i'm gonna do that right now and try it out

I am curious as to whether or not, on their "lowest" setting, would they be lower than stock peg height?? Now before anyone asks me what would the reason for getting rearsets be if you want them lower than stock, I am just asking a theoretical question. I'm just curious as to how "low" they could make the peg sit.

I think in their lowest, most forward settings, my Gilles are still higher and further back than stock...

But.. it's not a ridiculous question at all... the ball bearing movements are worth the purchase price alone... they are just soooo damn smooth.

I think in their lowest, most forward settings, my Gilles are still higher and further back than stock...

But.. it's not a ridiculous question at all... the ball bearing movements are worth the purchase price alone... they are just soooo damn smooth.

My thinking was that even though the price of these wouldn't warrant getting rearsets, it would be so nice for me to have my pegs about 1" lower. Lately my knees have been killing me after 140 miles or so. I would like my pegs a little lower but still want to have my gear shift in line with everything as well. I'm not sure how much further my shifter could go. Thanks Aaron!

My knees got a lot happier after rearsets.... and mine are as far back and as far up as they'll go... something about that position just works better for me....

You know, you may have a point there. If your pegs are brought further back, it may in fact be extending your knees at the same time. Maybe not by going down but by going backwards?? I'll have to find someone near me with both a GenI and rearsets and sit on it to see how it feels.

Etymology

A thumbnail, from which the word "thumbnail" derives its meaning.
The word "thumbnail" is a reference to the human thumbnail and alludes towards the small size of the image or picture, comparable to the size of the human thumbnail.[1][2] While the earliest use of the word in this sense dates back to the 17th century,[3] the American Heritage Dictionary of Idioms is reported to have documented that the expression first appears in the mid-19th century to refer to 'a drawing the size of the thumbnail'.[4] The word was then used figuratively, in both noun and adjective form, to refer to anything small or concise, such as a biographical essay. The use of the word "thumbnail" in the specific context of computer images as 'a small graphical representation, as of a larger graphic, a page layout, etc.' appears to have been first used in the 1980s.[3]

Thumbnail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TMI, holy cow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back