Better mileage for FZ1??

I always get over 200klms highway riding [ 2008 FZ1s near or a bit over posted speed limits ] before trip meter resets , then if I refill nearly straight away, I can only fit in 14 litres.

Most I've got out of mine was 80% highway and got 180km.

I'd say with what you are getting on a stock bike it would be around correct for a melbourne commute.

It seems around what I expected...used to get similar on my 07' R6. So to get around 170km from a slightly bigger tank with a much bigger engine, makes sense. I just keep seeing others suggest 35mpg as an average and yet my average seems...far lower. Maybe my calculations are amiss. Yet basically, from F-trip status and then a full tank, I get around 170km before the Ftrip kicks in again. What does that make my mpg?

I run 95 RON as recommended by the yammy dealer, still running in, under 6000rpm, to date mostly hills riding and I'm getting 6.3lt/100km or 15.8km/lt or 37mpg making a range of 284km or 176miles whether this increases or reduces after I've run it in is to be seen, it is what it is as I have never looked at the fuel ecomony when buying a bike, if I was after ecomony I would have bought a scooter.

It seems around what I expected...used to get similar on my 07' R6. So to get around 170km from a slightly bigger tank with a much bigger engine, makes sense. I just keep seeing others suggest 35mpg as an average and yet my average seems...far lower. Maybe my calculations are amiss. Yet basically, from F-trip status and then a full tank, I get around 170km before the Ftrip kicks in again. What does that make my mpg?

My trip kicks in at about 187km and the last couple of times I've put in just short of 12 litres meaning there is 6 lites left leaving about 90 klicks, rather than the 4.5lt (1.2gal) unless I too have fapped up my calcs.

I've been keeping a record of my usage latley just to see how bad it is.

Best I've got so far is 36 mpg or 7.84 L/100

I know most of it is down to the tune. Its well overdue for a retune now that it has a couple of extra mods. May even look into a autotune to get the cruising tune a little better.

My low fuel also goes off with around 6lts left. Maybe its set different for the Australain bikes.

Back