Beg forgiveness

OldDuffer

Well the old saying "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission", is going to be put to the test Friday evening. If you all read of a man being castrated by his wife in the Midwest, you'll know that Mrs. Duffer didn't take my disobediance well. She forbade me, in quite clear language, to trade, sell, purchase, finagle, or deal myself another bike. GUESS WHAT I DID?
Yep I was bored with the FZ(God forbid!) Nothing wrong with the bike, in fact I think I gave the new owner a very nice deal. But I turned around in less than 24 hrs and bought an SV1000s. THE HELL YOU SAY! Why on earth would you want to trade your wonderful FZ for that slow slug. In the words of my preteen daughter "I dunno". Like I said, I get bored, and want new toys. The only problem is MD doesn't allow more than one bike at a time. It seems to offend her accountants sensibillities. In her words,"You only have one ass, so you only need one horse to sit on". This forum is cheaper and less risky than telling some random woman or a hooker that she just doesn't get me.

AANNNYYHow. MD is in Mexico on business and the deal is done. The new toy is home brimming with fresh fluids, and a bath, waiting for it to stop raining. I can keep the bike under the cover in the garage and she'd never be the wiser. Except for the "INFORMANT". IE: the earlier mentioned daughter. She almost spilled the beans this evening on the daily check in. I have told her I want to break it to Mom in my own way. Probably on my knees begging, far from any sharp objects, and with the gun safe locked.
I'm writing this so there is at least some record that I existed on this planet. If I don't return by next week to tell you how it's gone, think of me when you ride.

Well I don't think it will be all that bad. Like I say to my hunting, and riding pals when I spend too much money on equipment. What's she gonna do not F!@# me some more? I'm old enought to live with out some of the things I thought I couldn't do without when I was younger. But I'm not giving up my hunting, riding, or Bushmills. Oh as rule I don't combine any of those activities, none of them really go together. Oh I'm gonna ad some pics of the new baby. Only 3267 miles on the odometer. Got it for quite a bit less than I got for the FZ. And who knows if I get bored I can always get one of those rumored GenIII bikes if they ever make it.

Last edited:
If there's anyone who understands you it's me. I'm a certified bike whore. I've traded so many bikes my friends kid me that the Registry of Motor Vehicles (DMV in some states) now considers me a dealer. In addition to being told to not get any more bikes (about 5 bikes ago) my wife also had a 1 bike rule. Now I have 2. I've always felt that there is only 1 indiscretion in marriage that is an absolute no-no and that's being unfaithful. Short of that the spouse will usually, with time, get over most things. One man's opinion anyway. Congrats and please stay around the forum.

So now that's two people here that have abandoned an FZ1 for an SV!

Welcome to the club. :)

Like Norm, I am a bike whore. I had no desire to buy an SV650 when I bought mine but I think it worked out pretty damn well for me!

chance of getting it painted to match the FZ color?? maybe buy you a few more minutes before impending doom?!?

The thought did cross my mind. She really wouldn't know the differance appearance wise. But man that sound is differant. Gotta love the sound coming out of the twin Yosh cans. Sounds like impending doom for fuel and air molecules. ARGH ARGH ARGH(Tim Allen style) Oh and Norm I agree on the indiscretion deal as does Mrs. Duffer. But we gotta dance the sick twisted dance to the death. Otherwise it would get boring. As far as sticking around the forum you folks aint gettin rid of me just cause I bought a different bike. I still need people to entertain me.

Last edited:
this post had me cracking up. fear not, you will live on in our hearts even if the wife kills your cheating ass. cheating you say? yeah, cheating on yamaha with that suzuki tramp! good luck with your situation. not a bad bike either, but it's no fz-1, just remember that! :laugh2:

Last edited:
this post had me cracking up. fear not, you will live on in our hearts even if the wife kills your cheating ass. cheating you say? yeah, cheating on yamaha with that suzuki tramp! good luck with your situation. not a bad bike either, but it's no fz-1, just remember that!

My FZ was no ZX12 or Gixxer Thou either. But I find things to love about all the bikes I own. Except for one ill thought out Buell X-1. That thing was crap. Yeah I'm gonna miss some of the HP, but that torque curve is might addictive. Can't wait to ride it in the dry. Rained hard on all of my 35 mile ride home except for the last 5 blocks. Go Figure!

My FZ was no ZX12 or Gixxer Thou either. But I find things to love about all the bikes I own. Except for one ill thought out Buell X-1. That thing was crap. Yeah I'm gonna miss some of the HP, but that torque curve is might addictive. Can't wait to ride it in the dry. Rained hard on all of my 35 mile ride home except for the last 5 blocks. Go Figure!

it's all good. i'm on my 7th bike in 4 years, so i understand what it's like to go from bike to bike. i hope the problem free newer fz-1 that i just got will be the only bike for the next number of years. it's all good. i even looked into the sv's a bit when i was looking for a new bike, but the fz-1 was always the bike i really wanted. it meets all my needs. it's where comfort meets total performance and that's exactly what i wanted. good luck with the sv1000!

Oh no!!!!
My role model is going down!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!!!! :D
IDK - it could be worse. LOL The SV is a good bike so at least you didn't buy a lemon. LOL

It seems to offend her accountants sensibillities. In her words,"You only have one ass, so you only need one horse to sit on".
If you still only have one bike, and you got the SV for less than you sold the FZ, then it sounds like the accountants will be sated (1 bike + cash in hand... Do women get upset about that sort of thing???)... Good Luck! :)

If you still only have one bike, and you got the SV for less than you sold the FZ, then it sounds like the accountants will be sated (1 bike + cash in hand... Do women get upset about that sort of thing???)... Good Luck! :)

I agree. Plus he can always give her a $100 bill and tell her, "Here honey, go buy something nice for yourself"...lol

She forbade me, in quite clear language, to trade, sell, purchase, finagle, or deal myself another bike.

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1] great stuff......but it's been my experience NOT to forbid a man from doing anything, cause the minute you turn your back...that's exactly what he'll do!
My husband is always talking about getting a BMW GS or a Triumph Triple Speed, my answer: "sure honey, if that's what you want"....
we still don't have a BMW GS or a Triumph in the garage ;)

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1] great stuff......but it's been my experience NOT to forbid a man from doing anything, cause the minute you turn your back...that's exactly what he'll do!
My husband is always talking about getting a BMW GS or a Triumph Triple Speed, my answer: "sure honey, if that's what you want"....
we still don't have a BMW GS or a Triumph in the garage ;)

Brenda, you're way ahead of the curve! Don't be telling our wives any of these secrets, please.

In addition to being told to not get any more bikes (about 5 bikes ago) my wife also had a 1 bike rule. Now I have 2.

To get around this Norm, get her into bikes....that's what John did. We now have 4 bikes in the garage, 2 are his, 2 are mine :D

We need a bigger garage :(

Well I didn't get that much extra, and I already spent it on fluids, and parts for the new toy.
Now maybe I should feel guilty, cause the new owner is such a nice guy, and a veteran to boot. I sold him a FZ with all the best it had to give used up. All he got was my busted up tired out left overs.

LOL Just kidding Dan. That FZ is in better shape than any other bike I've ever let go of. Probably because so many of them went to the insurance companies auction sellers. But that's a story for another day.

Back