Before I get a gun and shoot the forums, I need jetting advice.

Look what came in the mail today:
DSCF3100.JPG

Took longer to clean the golding off of the mid-pipe than to install it!! Test ride pending.

David (Cruzman on the other forum) and I were riding together yesterday. His 2002 was modded by the previous owners and he's still tyring to figure out what was done. He looked at my ais to compare to his and said it looked like my throttle position had been adjusted.

What was he looking at and how could he tell without taking anything off?

I love the new exhaust. The bike seems to pull hard all the way through rather than having the turbo kick in around 8 to 9k. My riding buddies have all said I am much faster with the new muffler, proabably because I'm seduced by the Yosh's song.

David said I sound like speed racer! Yep, I'm a demon on two wheels.

He looked at my ais to compare to his and said it looked like my throttle position had been adjusted.

What was he looking at and how could he tell without taking anything off?

It's actually pretty easy Tamer. If you look on the right side of the bike at the carbs, you'll see a small contraption attached to the side of the #4 carb which has wires going to it. Thats your TPS. Usually if it was never adjusted before and then moved, you'll be able to see the spots where the set screws used to sit originally. If everything is uniform in color with no marks or anything, you could probably assume that it's never been moved. Also, look at the Torx screws and see if they look like they have ever been loosened.

FWIW at this point...

We did a HoleShot full jet kit (along with air-injection removal), and HoleShot high-pipe, and Holeshot timing advance (which lets you still use regular octane).
We followed the supplied chart recommendations for altitude-vs-jetting.

Very happy with the results.

Dyno testing revealed 129 hp and just a hair on the rich side per the butthole sniffer.
I'll take a hair rich over a hair lean...

Still get around 40mpg, non-track-day mileage. :)

Back