back to work... finally

well it looks like 11/28/11 I will be going back to work after suckling the government teet since march of 2010.Its been nice being able to ride whenever i felt like it weather permitting.I have been activly looking for work for about 3 months now and i gotta say that times are not getting any better IMHO,I onl had a couple offers and most were really crappy offers I have held a CDL for 20 years with a clean MVR.Finally got an offer which was over the minimum I was willing to accept so I took it but the only bad is it is for truck driver staffing company which doesnt thrill me but it was the best offer and with my unemployment running out I thought I better take it.I ahve applied for a vet grant to upgrade my license to class "A" even though I never wanted to drive tractor but thats where the better money is so what the hell.my poor puppy is gonna be so lonely!!! :sport12:

this is the first time in my life I have not had a job and I am actually excited to get back to work.I just hope this job turns out to be a decent one.My last job paid more but was the worst company I ever worked for spent almost 7 years there and hated it.This break fronm work was godsend I had some heart/health problems and this gave me the time to start feeling good again.The FZ needs some more CF anyhow so its time to work!!!

Congrats!
The company I worked for (23 years) closed in July 2009. I took some time off to be with my kids (10 & 6), then took a couple of grad classes, was looking for work the whole time and still didn't find anything until Feb 2011. Sure felt good to be back to work full-time, benefits, etc.

Although I didn't get the job that I really wanted, managing the warehouse & parts counter at the Yamaha, Kawasaki & Suzuki shop, 3 miles from my house. They said I was "overqualified". Maybe, but I REALLY wanted to work there.

I swore I was done driving but I just dont know anything else and i guess its not to bad,i hate working with other people I prefer working by myelf

Congrats on the new job. I can understand not wanting to drive tractors I feel the same myself. Hopefully you will be driving local, it makes life much easier. I've been lucky enough to drive dump trucks locally for the last 32 years, meaning I get to sleep in my own bed at night (bonus)!

I am finally starting this morning got up at 5 am ugh.got about a 40 mile drive to work leaving extra early since I dont know how traffic will be.The only thing i have been thinking about is how lonely my pup is gonna be by herself,that makes me real sad.

that was hellish welcome back to work week 30 hours 3 days start time is gonna be 6am so thats up at 4-430 everyday,at least not much traffic at that time.looks like I will probably be running Philly which of course broadens my scope for checking out bikes for sale!! Now it looks like like I'll be waking at 4 or 5 even on my days off

that was hellish welcome back to work week 30 hours 3 days start time is gonna be 6am so thats up at 4-430 everyday,at least not much traffic at that time.looks like I will probably be running Philly which of course broadens my scope for checking out bikes for sale!! Now it looks like like I'll be waking at 4 or 5 even on my days off

It's amazing how our minds and our bodies get conditioned to whatever situation we are in. I even got to where I enjoyed a commute. That was MY TIME and I could listen to music or audio books, etc. LOL Even picked up a CD that helped me brush up on my Spanish. Lot's of things that you can do during that 40 mile commute.

Well since you'll be up that early every day then you'll have more time to mod your bike :D

Yeah, think positive!

I'm just finishing up a double shift, 3PM yesterda to 7AM today. The overnight guy called in sick and nobody wanted to cover so here I am. I work at 3PM again today too!

Oh well; money, money, money

Back