Back to ATX!!!

Pete, that is GREAT news! Good luck and I hope you land a good one and move soon. Sounds like OKC is a place I'll steer clear of. :tup:

Let me know, once there, if they need a Server/Storage/VMware Engineer, ok? :D

LMAO! Did I mention that my daughter moved to OKC as well?

And they hate it there as well......they are looking at jobs to move back to Colorado.

Wonder what it is about Oklahoma???

OKC is, "The Land that Time Forgot."

No one does anything here. No sports, not activities; they just eat, drink, and smoke.

The city is improving, they think at an amazing pace, but relative to cities that get it, it is a snail's pace.

Many retailers refuse to open up here. The city asked Costco to open up in the area, the reply as one word, "No."

On the work front I was hired to do X, and now I am doing Y. I had a team of 18 people, was directed to fire 13 of them. I asked what do I tell my customers? The "official" reply is, "We don't do that any more."

I warned them of blow back, it happened, and now I am supposed to hire 2 people back to fill the gap and maintain the same level of service.

After that I decided to punch out. I'll have to pay back a portion of my relo but at this point both the city and the job suck. I do love my house and our neighborhood however.

Brenda, have your daughter tell you about the "really tall building downtown." That's the place I work for. As they say, "All hat and no cattle."

Sounds like a pretty crappy city, especially if you came from Austin before that. Everything I've seen about Austin makes it look like a wicked place to live

It'll be nice to be home again, eh? :)

Sounds like a pretty crappy city, especially if you came from Austin before that. Everything I've seen about Austin makes it look like a wicked place to live

It'll be nice to be home again, eh? :)

Austin is a great city, in many of the same ways that Vancouver and Calgary are. Lots of outdoors oriented people, cool activities, people on the whole are smart and creative. OKC? Not so much.

Oh well, that's life and the good thing is we can always change our minds and go a different direction.

Texas has a pan handle too! :)

The only thing I wish we had in Texas is mountains. We have EVERYTHING else.

Get out of Houston and head west, young man. There are plenty of mountains out west, the Davis Mountains are a good place to ride, ride up to McDonald Observatory at 6,790 feet above MSL.

I used to have to go to OK from Dallas about 4 times a year. I always said that when I cross into OK, the IQ in both TX and OK go up. I not t0o smart in TX, but i'm a genius in OK.
:evillaugh:

Back