Back on a FZ1

T84A

I sold my 02:
Yosh2.jpg

and picked up an 08 (crappy photo on a crappy day):
IMG_0966.jpg

I had a bunch of stuff done when it was in for state inspection. I added the Yosh pipe, removed the EXUP (everything) and removed all the AIS and installed the Graves block off plates. It's in great condition. I didn't get to ride it because the weather was crappy when I picked it up. The ride between the GEN 1 and GEN 2 is pretty different. My feet feel like they are back more. I think I read that here though. The one thing I don't remember from my 02 is that I feel every bump in the road. The bike rides hard. Is this normal? Maybe crappy tires? Good to be back on a great bike. I love my Raider but there's no comparison to riding a FZ.

Nice upgrade! As for the ride...check the suspension settings. It's very possible that it could have been set up for a heavier rider. Best thing is to look in the owner's manual and set it all back to factory specs then adjust from there.

I'll report back. I've only put about 20 miles on the 08. I need to do something with the handlebars-either riser extensions (Rox) or new bars. I put the extensions from Twisted Throttle on my 02 but they're twice the price of the Rox.

Nice !! fastest colour you have there :smoking:

As NJFz1 said about the ride check all the settings as per manual and dial it back to factory and go from there ,, I had the same issue , turns out the previous owner had every setting maxed out , night and day difference now :yes:

Back