Arai RX-Q helmet

Think this is the best helmet I have ever had! Hands down.

Same shell as the Corsair-V model, but different vents and less price (yes, $600 dollars for a helemet is still steep. But worth it, IMO) RX-Q fits my head best too. Peripheral vision is much better than the Shoei RF1100 - for my head. Arai is better for fogging, quiet, movement at hi speed. Just a superior helmet.

I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to anything but an Arai now. I'm spoiled.:blowing_kisses::tup:

I bought a RX-Q in Ace Red last June. I had been wearing a Shoei RF700 that was old enough, it was beginning to disintegrate. That was my 3rd Shoei.

I bought online without ever trying one on. I did a lot of reading and gutted up and bought what I would normally have believed was a too small helmet. Mine fits (and looks) great. The reduction in wind noise has been awesome.

My only concern is ventilation. I don't think my helmet has amount of ventilation I've heard about. I need to take liner out - something inside is prob blocked or not assembled correctly.

Excepting that point, this Arai has meet all my expectations, I consider it money well spent.

I bought a RX-Q in Ace Red last June. I had been wearing a Shoei RF700 that was old enough, it was beginning to disintegrate. That was my 3rd Shoei.

I bought online without ever trying one on. I did a lot of reading and gutted up and bought what I would normally have believed was a too small helmet. Mine fits (and looks) great. The reduction in wind noise has been awesome.

My only concern is ventilation. I don't think my helmet has amount of ventilation I've heard about. I need to take liner out - something inside is prob blocked or not assembled correctly.

Excepting that point, this Arai has meet all my expectations, I consider it money well spent.

No problems with ventilation here. Are you able to push & pull the rear center tab that opens/closes the rear vents?

It works - at least on the outside - I can see the center vent arms move to cover and uncover the vents hole on the helmet, but there is little to no air movement inside at speed.

Something is not right inside - either liner was not installed right, or something moved and is blocking vents somehow. It all looks right on the outside though.

Back