Aprilla tuono V4 in person

dduck

I've seen this bike on line and really thought it was one of the sickest bikes I've ever seen but it was not as impressive in person as I expected.

A guy had one at a local bike night and the frame has a bare metal industrial look. The headlight area is more narrow than it looks in pictures. And it is smaller overall Than I expected. I'm sure the compactness is good for racing but not for a 6'2 rider.

The opposite is true of tuono 1000. Thought it looked kind of silly with the checker paint scheme but in person it looks pretty sharp.

Have to agree with duck i thought something similar about the styling, but the performance is impressive. TBO i would buy the standard RSV4 over the tuono, for the $ it seems to be bit better specs and more appealing to look at.

How tall are you pete? I know from our photo at TWS that you are at least taller than me. :)

I'm just over 6'. About 175.

Yes it is a compact bike, no doubt about that, however the ergonomics are pretty good.

For longer trips drop foot pegs would be good. But for everyday use it is spot on.

Yes it looks like a transformer, but once you ride it that is immediately forgotten.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

I'd get the RSV4 Factory if I was going for an Aprilia. A couple riders have them in a couple of my groups and are taller, like me.

Have to ride it first to know

Last edited:
I have ridden my neighbors TV4. IMHO it looks 100x better than the previous Gen Tuono (factory) that he had. He called that one the clown bike. The new T has incredible power and top notch handling. He has the race ecu activated with an akra slip on. The fueling is surprisingly poor down low and it requires a deft hand (and I'm sure some seat time) to keep things smooth. Once underway the power and clutchless shifting are addictive. My full package FZ1 is much smoother but lacks just a bit of the brutal power of the Tuono. . . . Neighbor has just had a set of carbon fiber wheels fitted; I will most definitely have to take it for a spin again!

I'd get the RSV4 Factory if I was going for an Aprilia. A couple riders have them in a couple of my groups and are taller, like me.

Have to ride it first to know

Go visit AF1, they are on sale right now. You can get a Factory, with pipe and race flash for $19,500ish.

Back