Anyone here with Pirelli Diablo Rosso III

The original castle hotel was ok before they dozed it to build the shopping centre, will agree with the tavern, bought by the mob that owns AUFC

After some deliberation, I bought a set of Pirelli Rosso 3's from Bikebiz for $449 fitted to loose wheels. That's not a bad price here in Oz as we get shafted on everything.

Before:

After:

Interested to hear your thoughts once you have had it out for a test ride. Did you get the 50 or 55 rear?

Will do, I just took it out for a short run yesterday afternoon just before a storm rolled through.It wasn't enough to test the tyre as I was taking it easy.
Hopefully next week I'll go for a proper run.

I stuck with the 50 rear.

After some deliberation, I bought a set of Pirelli Rosso 3's from Bikebiz for $449 fitted to loose wheels. That's not a bad price here in Oz as we get shafted on everything.

Slightly off topic but I note on your photo that you have a seat cowl, does that fit over the seat or replace it and what brand is it as it appears to fit well

I have one too, they are great. Unfortunately Yamaha Australia no longer stock them as they have taken them off their website

https://yshop.yamaha-motor.com.au/bolt-on-products-motorcycle/road/sport/fz1n/all

You maybe able to pick one up off Ebay. Here is a metallic black one, very pricey though YAMAHA Single Seat Cowl YAMAHA FZ1 (FZ1N) | eBay

Yep, way too pricey, just out of curiosity, what did you guys pay for the original item from Yamaha.

Will have to keep an eye out should something come up for less

I bought mine from Yamabits in the UK. It was way cheaper than here. I can't remember the exact price but I think it was about $200. Yamaha Australia wanted around double that at the time

Interested to hear your thoughts once you have had it out for a test ride. Did you get the 50 or 55 rear?

I finally went for a decent ride today and the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III's are awesome.
I get excellent feel from the front tyre and the rear tyre has heaps of grip.
To be quite honest, I think any tyre combined with Ivan's ECU flash and maps are going to feel pretty good.
I'm very happy with my choice and I'm hoping that the rear tyre will last more than 6K klms.
I ran 35 psi front and 40 psi rear and the bike felt great.

Well looks like I'll be getting a pair this week, opted not to repair mine, $515 fitted, ouch, even if I get them from bike biz its $449 plus fitting so no much saving.

Other have quoted $650 erk........

Wow they've gone up. I got mine for a lot less. I just took the wheels into Yamy world and they charged 20 or 25 bucks each to fit. A lot of places charge more if they have to take your wheels off of the bike. I took them off and dropped them off on my way out and picked them up on my way home.

You will love these over the stock tires. The stock tires are terrible in comparison.

Are you going with a 50 or 55 rear?

50 rear, not worth my hassle of ordering the tyres ,removing the wheels and dropping them off to have them fitted for around $500 when I can just drop the bike in to GC and they do it all for $15 more, the cost of a couple of beers if you're lucky

Can't wait, but haven't found the stock tyres to be too bad only in the dry, not ridden in the wet, but a bit iffy when the road was damp, have ridden on worse

Just bummed out that I got two punctures and have to go for new tyres when the others still had several 1000 kms left in them have 5000 on them now, not keen on patches as one of the holes was on the side.

Let you know after I've scrubbed them in

Bought them, scrubbed them in and yesterday went for a ride, well first impressions, fantastic tyres, they feel planted and positive compared to my stock tyres, and found that I can push a bit harder with more confidence, but it has highlighted my crap suspension more so

Just got to see how they wear as $535 for a set wasn't cheap

Bought them, scrubbed them in and yesterday went for a ride, well first impressions, fantastic tyres, they feel planted and positive compared to my stock tyres, and found that I can push a bit harder with more confidence, but it has highlighted my crap suspension more so

Just got to see how they wear as $535 for a set wasn't cheap

Yep, Stock suspension is rubbish.

The best mod I did to the bike was upgrade the suspension, second best was the wheels.

Back