Anyone have experience with Throttlemeister?

I use a "Cramp Buster" all the time. This device features a tab that protrudes from the rear side of the grip. Positioning can be adjusted. After getting used to it, it minimizes the amount of torque needed to keep the throttle open. About $10.

And then on long trips, I occasionally use an N.E.P. throttle lock. It can be adjusted so that it is just tight enough to hold the throttle open. I find that by dropping the right hand down beside me for a minute every hour or so, will keep the circulation going better, and be less tiring. About $18.

I haven't done this, but with some talk about grip size, what about using the cushioned wrap material that is used on road bicycle handlebars? It stretches a little, so that when wrapped it stays tight, and could be used to substantially increase grip size, while adding padding to the grip. About $20.

Better cycling wrap is actually cork. I love the Cinelli brand. It lasts of years. Cinelli is about $19.95. The no name stuff is about $10.95, but it doesn't feel the same after a long ride.

Better cycling wrap is actually cork. I love the Cinelli brand. It lasts of years. Cinelli is about $19.95. The no name stuff is about $10.95, but it doesn't feel the same after a long ride.

Wow cork now that is a great idea I'll have to try it. sometimes it seems the best ideas are the most obvious ones out I should say should be obvious ones. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bicycle tape is cork embedded in polyurethane. Love the stuff, all my bicycles have it. Great grip and dampens road vibrations (road bike tires have 100 to 120 psi).

Here's an update. The Vista cruise does work to a degree, the grip is able to move in the donut I think I need to find a thicker one. It does help hold the throttle open against the return spring which helps.

I wrapped the grip between the Vista and Cramp Buster with Slazenger tennis racket tape, it now has four plies and feels good in the hand. It's thinner than bicycle handlebar tape and easier to wrap. I made a 300 mile trip and only had minimum discomfort, that's an improvement from major discomfort.

Back