Anyone done these mods ?

So I've got some orders coming in the mail, a Yosh R-77 full system with CF can and a K&N air filter. I'm going to mod the airbox and send the ECU to Vcyclenut for his $50 flash. I don't really care about getting every last HP out of the bike, just want better sound and a little more snap. Any have similar stuff done ? How did it turn out ?

So I've got some orders coming in the mail, a Yosh R-77 full system with CF can and a K&N air filter. I'm going to mod the airbox and send the ECU to Vcyclenut for his $50 flash. I don't really care about getting every last HP out of the bike, just want better sound and a little more snap. Any have similar stuff done ? How did it turn out ?

The Yoshi is the best pipe for HP . A few people were having fitment problems with K&N . Is your reflash gonna take care of adding more fuel ? Different bike with the mods your getting and a good fuel map .HAVE FUN !!

Hahaha, no kidding guy. What would I do without you ? Should I install a power band too ? Maybe some fresh blinker fluid ?

Not following....YOU said the flash deletes the EXUP. I don't know if it was meant in jest or not, was just correcting. If you really aren't worried about HP, I would do suspension first. My biggest two beefs with the bike was suspension and fuel/throttle snatch.

without saying why, especially on the fz-09's, the company i help out(2wheeldynoworks), reflashes a lot of vcyclenut flashed ecu's.

Are you just spreading FUD, Jared? It sounds like Vcyclenut is using the same software as your boi, though I suspect he's using the canned flash that came with the software, whereas, if I understand correctly, 2wheeldynoworks has a dyno and has put some effort into improving the canned tune...

Last edited:
Like I said, not too concerned with max HP, my R1 is faster than a modded FZ1 anyway. The flash will delete the exup, lower fan temp and get rid of the restrictions. Good enough for me.

Why are you modding the airbox if your not worried about MAX HP ?? Just put a pipe and get it flashed . Where are the pics ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flash lets the bike run correctly without the exup valve. If you flashed it with the stock exhaust, it would stay open and the bike would run fine, right ? Without the flash, isn't the ecu going to try to open and close the valve still, causing the bike to run like crap ? Poor wording.

The exup is in the stock pipe !!!
Just like your R1 ??

Mr. R1-Dave. Welcome. The EXUP on a GEN2 does nothing for power or ride-ability. It's ONLY for noise. I don't believe the $50 is gonna get rid of your fuel cut, but you can learn to ride around the issue. Good luck!

The way I read it was , the flash will remove the ex up valve from the system enabling the servo to be removed with out the
need for a separate eliminator ..

Pics of what ?? Modding the airbox gives it a better intake sound and slightly more airflow. That's all.

Pics of your bikes SMARTASS !! Are you asking for help from people that have done this already ?? Or telling us how to do it again ?

As far as only being for sound, I doubt that, it restricts exhaust flow. Less flow=less power. Anyway.............I didn't want to have a debate, just seeing if anyone had done the same type of basic mods.

On the second gen FZ1 like yours it's been proven to function solely to meet noise regulations. The actual time it's acting to restrict is in a very narrow RPM window where they test for noise emissions; the rest of the time, it's open. You could have found this out easily by searching prior threads.

Quite a few people here have done the full suite of mods for this bike and have posted all the info, with photos for all to see. Check out the sub-forum you posted this thread in and you should find all the info you needed.

I saw you posted some photos in the albums! Nice bikes! I'll attach them here

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
.and what do pics of my bikes have to do with this ?

People on this forum are nice and like to see photos when a new member joins. It's sort of a tradition here

As far as searching for other threads about mods, this forum isn't exactly hoppin with new stuff every day, it could use a shake-up.

Ah, I don't really agree. This forum has a wealth of good information that doesn't require any shaking to access. Your thread is fun though so that's ok with me :)

This is one of the best forums I've ever been a member of. It may not have as many posts as 'the other forum' but that's exactly what makes it better. This place is full of extremely kind people without a lot of bullshit. I've been fortunate to meet half a dozen people from here and you couldn't ask for a better group.

And, for what it's worth, it's much busier when it's summer in the northern hemisphere ;)

Last edited:
Dave, anything you are planning to do to your bike has already been talked about, written about and documented on this forum. In many cases long before 2012. If you actually brought something new to the table in this post it might have precipitated some good discussion. If good discussion is what you really want your behavior thus far is totally contrary to that goal.

Dave, we are working with a bike designed in 2005, released in 2006 and hasn't changed in 10 years. How much "new" stuff could we possibly come up with that hasn't already been done, redone and documented by 3 or more people with pics and descriptions? This site is a collection of information without the degrading BS that some other forums have. We do not tolerate wise-asses here. We'd rather have quality civil conversation than people belittling someone's post. We're a helpful bunch with a common interest.

That said, please feel free to contribute anything valuable to the forum you can offer but at the same time, please keep it civil and polite. If you have not done so, read the forum rules. Unlike other forums, our rules mean something and we enforce them.

Ride safe!

Back