Another Soon to be FZ1 owner

Hi from Calgary, AB.
Well I made the decision to trade my mature ZX11 in for a 2012 FZ1. I'll be picking it up in a couple very long weeks from today.

Can't wait...
Cheers all,
Cam.

hi cam

just joined yesterday myself great bunch of lads here can't help each other enough.just shout if i can help in anyway happy motoring.:smoking:

Last edited:
Thanks all,
These two weeks are really going to drag I'm sure... Do have a small tease of what I'm getting as my wife has a 2007 FZ6 and she lets me push it around the garage and wash it... ;)

lytehouse thanks for the tip on the canuck sub-site will have a peek.

Cam.

:welcome: My wife rides too. If you don't have headsets that allow bike-to-bike communication, I'd highly recommend it. It makes the long rides really fun to be able to share thoughts and warnings and directions, etc.

Too bad you couldn't get the 2013 in the faster cobalt blue, but the white one is sweet too! :poke:

Thanks Rabbitman I'm sure I will :)
lytehouse yes, my favourite riding buddy is suemc on the fz6 forum.
BDazzler, hehe, so, the blue paint dries faster… good to know. ;) We do have the Scala G-4s for the same reasons. I did the ear bud mod, that was posted on ADVrider some time ago by a Golevi, so we can plug headsets in rather than the speakers. Much better audio that way.

Cam.

HI
Welcome. I am a Calgarian too, and spend the summers in the huge 'construction zone' that the city turns into when it gets warmer. I changed the front sprocket to give me more low end torque to negotiate traffic in town. Also lowered suspension (short guy) and set the clutch to release sooner, when the hand has more power.
I have fun riding in traffic in the city...

Hi, my name is Paul, I'm a bik-a-holic

I'm new to the FZ1, an '04 skunk model. I live in the Hudson Valley, NY. Got the bike about a month ago and read the forum upgrade suggestions which led me to frame sliders, and a modified national windscreen mounted in place of the original, also added a Givi trunk. Finally took it out yesterday, 40 degrees, heated grips, no problem. However, it seemed to be geared down, not that I have any reference except other bikes. I 4000rpm at 60mph, 4500rpm at 70 mph normal? Seems like the RPMs are a little high?.? Thanks

I'm new to the FZ1, an '04 skunk model. I live in the Hudson Valley, NY. Got the bike about a month ago and read the forum upgrade suggestions which led me to frame sliders, and a modified national windscreen mounted in place of the original, also added a Givi trunk. Finally took it out yesterday, 40 degrees, heated grips, no problem. However, it seemed to be geared down, not that I have any reference except other bikes. I 4000rpm at 60mph, 4500rpm at 70 mph normal? Seems like the RPMs are a little high?.? Thanks

Just count teeth to be sure. It should be 16/44 from the factory. If I remember correctly that was the same rpm's as my bike had when it was stock. I did change to a 45T rear though so I could stay in 3rd gear on the mountain. Worked out nice, and I was still extremely close to stock numbers.

Hi joeblowe I'm sure I'm really going to enjoy riding around the city to avoid all the fun traffic. ;)
YZFRiderNY thanks for fielding the gearing question...
Boxter4ever thanks I'm really looking forward to getting the new bike. Have to say I'm a little sad to see the ol ZX11 go though.

Cheers all,
Cam.

Just an update,
Well I have had the bike for nine days now and haven't put a single Kilometer on it. Sigh. So I have spent several hours with the ol dslr and the bike in the garage. I put some photos in an album named New Scoot but I don't see it here when I browse the albums or gallery. i checked and the album is set to public so not sure what im doing wrong. I have added a link to a picasa web album with higher res images. https://picasaweb.google.com/101102033569539267534/NewScoot?authuser=0&feat=directlink
Cheers all,
Cam.
Off to dig the snowblower back out of the storage shed.

Hi from Calgary, AB.
Well I made the decision to trade my mature ZX11 in for a 2012 FZ1. I'll be picking it up in a couple very long weeks from today.

Can't wait...
Cheers all,
Cam.
Best machine i have ever got my hands on, watch for that front wheel lifting ha ha . Have fun and ride safe my friend :sport12:

Welcome to the site man, im sure u can agree with me when i say this extended winter in canada sucks i live in nova scotia i know u have it worst but im still getting enough snow and cold weather that i have only been out once this year on me fz1

Thanks rallyingman safe riding as well.
Hi captain slow I swear we get more snow here in the "Spring" than we do during the winter. Grr or should I say Brr either way I too am ready for it to stop.
Billy wow, thanks for the compliment, hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures from outside the garage. This year would be preferable! ;) The camera I used is a Canon 6D with either a wide angel lens or a macro lens and 1 - 3 flash units to trip over.

Cam.

Back