[Another] new FZ1 owner *Pic*

i64X

A few years ago I traded my '07 FJR for a '11 BMW F650GS. I liked the GS, but have been missing the power (but not the weight) of my FJR for a while now. I recently got rid of the BMW and picked up a new '09 FZ1. I got a huge discount since the bike is an '09 (basically got it at cost so they could move it), but it has 0 miles, and came with two full sets of plastics/tanks and a Yoshi pipe.

I'll be leaving the retro plastics on it and selling the stock plastics and tank. It came with the red fender that comes with the retro kit, but I like the look of a black fender on the front with the kit better, so I swapped the black stock fender on in lieu of the red one. I also plan on getting a fender eliminator for the rear and replacing the giant, ugly turn signals front and rear with something else (probably an integrated LED turn signal/tail in the rear and clear/amber skinny LEDs in the front).

fz1.jpg

Unfortunately it was too cold to ride today, but it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week. I rode the bike about 35 miles home on Friday, and it was awesome. I can't wait to get on it again.

Haha thanks guys. I hope spring is finally here. It's supposed to snow here today and tomorrow, which sucks, but I doubt it'll stick.

Any recommendations on either flush mount front turn signals or thin, clear turn signals with amber LEDs? Also looking for recommendations on a tail delete kit that's not essentially $100+ for a metal bracket.

Congrats and welcome!

That's a very nice score... '09 with no miles and two body kits.... WOW!

I like the black fender too better than the red. For flushmounts, look at Watsen Design LED Signals They are pricey BUT if they fail, they are replaced for free plus they are color matched.

^^^ I've never compared the two, but the US ones are HUGE.

I have replacements on the way, as well as a fender eliminator. Should be here by the end of the week. I'll get pics when I get it all on. :)

Now that's a sweet bike. I've got a 10 plate white one, and thought about the red stripe kit for it as its v.cool :thumbup:

As for idicators, they look pretty much like my UK SPEC ones. I'm looking at the led flush ones off evilbay to try and smooth her out a bit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Beautiful looking colour scheme,best of luck with it..:tup:..The turn signals on the US bikes seem to be massive compare to the Euro bikes,am I right?..

You're right. The Euro ones look similar, but slightly smaller. I think the US ones are a certain size to comply with DOT standards.

Back