Advice wanted on The Dragon

When you get there and hit the Crossroads, the people in there have all sorts of advice and maps that they will share with you too. Great folks that run that resort! A lot of other places in the area will also offer up trips to take with directions.

This is a great stop and you can drive under the falls! :D
Bridal Veil Falls - Highlands - YouTube

We have friends that have a cabin home in Highlands and stayed there back in October. These falls are like 3 miles from their place. Its actually flowing really well because we've had a wet year.

Well, I promised a bit of a review of the America Rides Maps and I've been spending a lot of time looking them over. They're a wealth of information. I considered snapping a couple of pictures, but I think that's unfair to the mapmaker. Instead, I'll offer up this Google Map of my interpretation of some of the good roads. As mentioned previously, I'm planning to go down with a group at the end of June. The Google map is what two of us have interpreted from the ARM map as being some of the best roads in the area.

Suggestions are welcome!

As for the ARM itself. It has a key that has the following designations:
Interstate HWY / Exit
Parkway / Exit / Milepost
4 Lane Rd / HWY / Exit
Great Road / Segment miles
Good Connecting Road
2 Lane Rd - More Traffic
2 Lane Rd - Less Traffic
Minor or Single Lane Rd
Unpaved Rd​

I've been concentrating on the "Great Roads" which are marked in the map in red. These seem to be the best combination of twisty and good pavement. I've cross-checked some of them against street view and satellite view in Google Maps and so far, every red road looks like it's well-suited to sporty riding.

The scale is designated as "Approximate Distance" and is about 3.5 miles to the inch. The entire map is 36" wide by 24" tall, but it has a narrow border, so the actual graphical map is a bit smaller than that.

I'll post more later this year, once we've been able to compare how the map describes the roads with reality.

Back