Advice on a possible used FZ1 purchase

Looks nice and it has pretty much everything you need. Looks like a good deal as i believe prices are a little higher in Canada.

I got my 07 for 5k bone stock. 4.5 would have been fair I suppose.

The givi set up and shock justify the difference for this bike.

The PC, Ivans, exhaust can, gel seat, heated grips (already installed :p) - that's all a bonus. Maybe even better if the GPS comes with the RAM mount...

Now it is at about 30k Miles, wouldn't hurt to check valves and change the plugs.

i'd offer 5,600. but with those upgrades, worth it, if you can get it, get it.

i upgraded from my fz6 to fz1 a while ago, love the difference, i miss the gas mileage but, totally worth it

That price is hard to call. There are a lot of great mods and mileage on a Yamaha is nothing to be afraid of. That said, if the valves haven't been done they will need it very soon. Unless you're pretty handy and have the tools and the space that isn't a cheap job to have done.
When I was shopping I wasn't looking used, but the cheapest new I was offered was leftover stock 3 model years old for $9K. Of course, that's bone stock. That Yosh exhaust will run you at least $1200 and the shock is better than a grand as well. The bags aren't cheap either, but only worth anything to you if you plan on running bags. I would go and see the bike with cash in your pocket. If it's as well taken care f as he presents it see if cash in hand will save you a few hundred bucks that you can use toward your valve adjustment.

If you buy it, shoot me a PM. I'm in Toronto on mine a lot and love to see brothers and sisters when I'm out!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Still going back and forth with the seller trying to figure out a time to have a look at it, could be sometime middle of this week.

Not too worried about the mileage as my FZ6 is at 115k km or thereabouts and running well. Can and will check the valves myself, though I dread doing it. Would prefer lower mileage as who knows what has happened in the past 42k km, but if everything else checks ok I can overlook it.

Bags are a plus as I have a full Givi setup on my FZ6, figure I can sell the extra set of bags to drop the price.

Since all threads are better with pics, here's a couple of my FZ6

At the overlook on Deals Gap

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

Bike parking in Washington, DC

photo%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like it's a done deal. Saw the bike today, looks good. Agreed on $5600 sale price, figure that's a fair price for both the seller and me. Now if only the weather would hurry up and warm up past -20c...

Thanks guys!

Sweet! Congratulations on the "upgrade" (but don't tell anyone on the 6 site I said that!)!!!!!

Now if you want to break her in...you can meet us in Deal's Gap in May! LOL
(referring to your reply on the 6 site...)

Lol, thanks! Very well may see you there, normally go down for Canadian May24 long weekend

You'll soon get over the fz6 buddy, but im sure you'll remember her with fondness.

Now enjoy the litre bike superiority!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back