Overall width: 29.5 in.
Overall height: 39.6 in.
Seat height: 31.7 in.
Curb weight: 224.8 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 2.0 gal.
Color choices: Candy Lime Green & Metallic Graphite Grey

Me likey!

Last edited:
Well, the Honda Grom looks to make around 9 hp at the wheel and this Kawi seems to be a bit 'hotter' in spec. Maybe 10?

janis-albums-grom+dyno-picture1602-honda-grom-dyno-sheet.png

For reference, I owned a CBR125 for a little while and that beast supposedly made around 11.5 hp at the rear wheel. It was 290 lbs or so and I could cruise fairly comfortably at 60-65 MPH and do 70 at a push but that bike had a 6 speed gearbox vs the 4 speed the Grom & this Z125 has.

storyimages_honda_honda-cbr125-2007.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the people who buy these midget bikes consider how their faces are right about bumper height.
I concur, I'd rather have a r3 as well.

Novelty Factor

They are the bike equivalent to white plastic rimmed sunglasses. Pure novelty factor. They come across like a skooter or the like the tricycles that Elephants used to ride in the circus. OK maybe a bit more practical.

Remember the pit bikes from the 80's that looked like their bigger brothers (Gixxers). They made those street-legal as well, but you wouldn't catch me on the street with one of those either. Since then, the trend in passenger vehicles has to been the get bigger (SUV, CUV's, Pick-Ups) even the Honda Civic has expanded. The cell phone use has become rampant especially with the advent of texting. Do you really want to be on something that small in traffic now? You would need flashing flourescent gear (all of it) and maybe a siren to not become a hood ornament.

They're actually bigger than your average scooter and definitely in a different league than those pit bikes from the 80s. Great for the city and my local routes; I wouldn't hesitate to ride one.

Then again, I'm the guy who was happy doing a 40 km commute in the dead of winter on a 50 cc scooter, snow and all. Maybe I'm just daft ;)

Last edited:
They're actually bigger than your average scooter and definitely in a different league than those pit bikes from the 80s. Great for the city and my local routes; I wouldn't hesitate to ride one.

Then again, I'm the guy who was happy doing a 40 km commute in the dead of winter on a 50 cc scooter, snow and all. Maybe I'm just daft ;)

You do like usual bikes, but someone has to. I'll admit to thinking the Rukus looks like fun, as long as my friends don't see me...... I wonder how much air-time I could get with one?

And there's this:

[video=youtube;6SVKlG9Iiak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SVKlG9Iiak[/video]

[video=youtube;Zb1JS4DljYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb1JS4DljYo[/video]

:)

Last edited:
Back