962 Miles in the Spring?

As for splitting I don't think they intended it to be done at 80+ mph but that is fun as hell. It really seems the same as long as you are only 5-10 mph faster than the cars.

I'm sure the law abiding people who enjoy the (rare) privilege of lane splitting appreciate seeing an oaf with Arizona plates doing double the allowed speed.

:(

I'm sure the law abiding people who enjoy the (rare) privilege of lane splitting appreciate seeing an oaf with Arizona plates doing double the allowed speed.

:(

speed limit is/was 65, I usually apply the plus 10 rule and push my luck at plus 20. I never went more than 10 mph faster than traffic

but thanks for calling me an 'oaf', LOL, I haven't heard that word in years. Safe assumption with AZ plates

The thing of it was, I was following other bikes doing the same thing. The cars all seemed to know it was coming and made space. And I never did it during a bend in the road, only on straights.

Last edited:
Make sure that you use the space between the #1 & #2 lanes whenever possible. I run with my headlights on HIGH and try to run a bit of a WEAVE pattern to make myself highlighted to the few cagers that use thier rearview mirrors. Keep your finger on the horn and use it at the slightest indication of an unwanted move.

Very best!

And it's the best 25 mph in the world :icon_beer::icon_beer:

Saw a place on Facebook in Redwood City that looks like a good ride destination. "Alice's" Restaurant. might be the original.

A co-worker went there and saw Cobra's one time and antique HD the next visit for brunch.

Saw a place on Facebook in Redwood City that looks like a good ride destination. "Alice's" Restaurant. might be the original.

A co-worker went there and saw Cobra's one time and antique HD the next visit for brunch.

Alice's Restaurant huh. Well, the food is mediocre and over priced. However, you will see lots of bikes parked there or just across the road. Every squid and poser within 100 miles will show up there. You will see some very nice motorcycles there. I admit to stopping in just to look at the bikes and grab a soft drink at the store accross the street.

Have a look at the Mountain House for some good food.

Here's a nice scenic route away from the bay area traffic. Take the Mrs. to the Wolf Creek restaurant in Markleeville for lunch. Awesome views on the way over the Sierra's and a good lunch on the patio out back.

If she is up to it, take the longer route through Jackson home.

http://goo.gl/maps/CmOht

R1200rt

You betcha!

We'll try for that one when my friend loans me his BMW in a few weeks, to test our butts/backs on an all day ride to Tahoe and back. :thewave: Have to do allot of experimenting, before we ask for a week off work (Weds to Weds) to try the ride from Sacramento to Anaconda, MT. :hellno:

Sounds like a great place to eat.

Back