'71 suzuki T250 project smoker

If you have spark I'm thinking your issue is compression. Given the general state of rust on the bike I think that may be your problem. The good thing is rings, and pistons are very cheap for a 2T. I'm guessing if you went with a 1st over bore you'd be good.

For shocks have you looked on Flea Bay for a clean pair from another bike that are about the same length? Many of those old shocks are non-rebuildable.

On a two stroke that does not use reed valves rings and engine seals need to be in good shape. If you have bad rings/cylinders a loss in vacuum created by the upward movement of the piston the engine will not draw adequate fuel or lack of compression for combustion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here she is running and smoking like a tire fire. Check out my sweet gas tank. Somebody told me the rings will sometimes get stuck in the groove of the piston and to drop a few drops of brake fluid in the spark plug hole, let it sit then kick it over to free em up. Must have worked caus it starts right up in a couple kicks. still not much of an idle but I did ride it up and down the...sidewalk a few times. That's why all my neighbors love me so.

Awesome Pal!! Nice job! I'm so glad you got her running. Now after a little fine tuning she'll be purring like a kitten. Oh, and don't let anyone say anything bad about your custom gas tank. I love it! Haha! Seriously though, nice work.:cheers:

white smoke that bad = bad piston rings and possibly scratches on walls.
Is it possible the white smoke is from burning too much oil? I wasn't sure about the oiler and so i was told to run 32:1 for a tank or so then 50:1 to be safe. If the oiler is working properly and running 32:1 premix it's burning a lot of oil.

I haven't been on usa 2 strokers but I have been checking out 2 stroke world. It seems to be a good site (2nd only to this one) and I have already taken some very useful information from them over there.

Back