6 new Hondas for 2013

Honda worked hard this year... Yammy is going to have to step up there game. And yep, that old school CB1100 look great! So many bikes... so little $$$ :(

It seems like the last couple years have been Kawasaki's (and the Ninja 300 this year), and Honda brought it this year. I hope to see something from Suzuki and Yamaha in the next few years. I hope the 3 cylinder R6 and R1 aren't the only new things for Yamaha in the next few years. I'm not even sure how excited I am at that.

As much as I love the Honda CB1100 and the Yamaha XJR1300, they could not be a replacement for my FZ1, only additions. I'd consider the CB1000R, the Z1000 and the Ninja 1000 as replacements, but I'm still happy with a bike that's payed for. I think I would add a CBR500 or Ninja 300 or FZ6R for the wife before adding a bike for me (I really want a C14 or FJR and I'd like to have a warrior to play with for a year, but I doubt it would be a long term bike)

I agree, the CB1100 is definitely not in the same category as the FZ1 & I'm glad for that. I think North America was needing a modern version of the old CB750. What we've been lacking out here is a simple, no frills motorcycle with no pretensions for greatness as a sports bike or a tourer or something flash to show off. Just a simple, reliable bike with modern comforts & technology to enjoy open riding in beautiful places; the roots of motorcycling. :)

I know some people will complain about the weak power output or lack of high end suspension but I think that's exactly what the bike should be.

Here's a little write up about the CB1100. I would love to add this bike to the stable. I just need to wait on a nice used one to hit the floor at a reduced price.
2013-Honda-CB1100_006.jpg

The only retro bike I'd like more is a Norton. My father-in-law really wants a Moto Guzzi V7, but those are too gutt-less for my fat butt.

01%20V7%20Special.jpg

but the racer is pretty cool looking
05%2BV7%2BRacer.jpg

Last edited:
Recently test drove the CB1100 and it is a VERY likeable machine! Smooth as silk with a torquey motor. Handles well but is not a sport bike (thankfully).

Back