50 Degrees

Was out for a lengthy ride in the truck today. Temps were around 34f in central New England. Saw two or three big GS BMWs and about 30 Harley riders, then it dawned on me today was Jan 1. I'll give em credit I didn't see any heated clothing.

Sun set around 4:30 today, will set at 5:00 by the end of January, we've turned the corner away from darkness and despair, life can only get better (if only)

Heh! Was thinking about you when I geared up this morning! It was a brisk 38 and I put in about 40 miles before deciding that, while I wasn't miserable, I also wasn't really having fun. Zero other bikes on the road. I honestly don't know how anyone rides in temps below 40 without some sort of heated gear. My hands would stop working...

Heh! Was thinking about you when I geared up this morning! It was a brisk 38 and I put in about 40 miles before deciding that, while I wasn't miserable, I also wasn't really having fun. Zero other bikes on the road. I honestly don't know how anyone rides in temps below 40 without some sort of heated gear. My hands would stop working...
Good on you for getting out there and representing Yamaha, while others slacked in the comfort of a warm cage. Looks like it won't be till next week before temps get warmer here. I need to take advantage of the time and change my fork oil.

Heated gear has been a game changer. Wish I had a DC socket off my computer cause I'd plug that jacket liner in right now, to take the chill off.

Wasn't expecting a ride today but the temps may reach 43 with bright sun and no wind.

Started looking for my "extra cold" gear and after 5 minutes of searching the wife said "What are you looking for?"

Me: "Have you seen my Baklava?"

Her Laughing: "You mean your balaclava?"

Me not wanting to admit guilt: "No I was just reading that Filo dough and butter are very good insulators when wrapped around your head, and perfect for a snack."

There's a good Greek Bakery about a half mile away.

Got out for two hours today, 70 miles. Better with the sun out, about 40 degrees when it got cloudy. Hot cup of Joe was required on return.

Dry roads with some ice still along the edges. Needed to get in some riding before possible snow this weekend. Can't complain about the amount of riding I've got in between ThanksGiving and New Years.

Wasn't expecting a ride today but the temps may reach 43 with bright sun and no wind.

Started looking for my "extra cold" gear and after 5 minutes of searching the wife said "What are you looking for?"

Me: "Have you seen my Baklava?"

Her Laughing: "You mean your balaclava?"

Me not wanting to admit guilt: "No I was just reading that Filo dough and butter are very good insulators when wrapped around your head, and perfect for a snack."
I always call them that as a joke. Many people don't get it.

Fargin cold this week in the US and Canada. Saw a lightly dressed sportster rider yesterday, but it was a balmy 28. I doubt he was going far.

I heard (and then saw) a Harley rider go by my house yesterday, just after sundown. It was 26 outside and headed down to 20. I was shocked... and a little impressed!

It snowed all day and well into the night here in NoWestVa but it was so fine that we only ended up with about 3-4 inches. Temps won't break freezing for most of the upcoming week and more snow possible on Friday.

I resist as long as possible but I'm inching toward "hunker down" mode! Makes me wish I had a little dual sport to play around with!

I think it's New England's turn to warm up. 46 today with 60 by Sunday. Have been praying for a night time spritzer of rain to clear some salt off the roads. No luck with that but Ican always wash the bike. Should have been more diligent in clearing snow off path from basement to driveway, but I won't be deterred. I'll hire some sled dogs if I have to.

Just getting outside into cold blue sky sunshine has been glorious for the last two day. The days are getting longer and the sun is feeling stronger.

Yesterday was possibly my favorite day of the year...... the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. I had a late start to my ride, and chose the wrong direction (north). Temps to the south in CT were 48f while temps in northern Mass were 41F. The heated gear did it's job and I was able to eek out a three hour tour, but could have worn warmer boots. Weren't many others braving the cold.

Why not use modern weather forecasting you ask? I did but it was showing possible showers to the south...............that never occurred.

Mid to upper 60's most of the week and through the weekend here in NoVa! Possibility of rain a couple of days but I'll not be complaining! Beats the snow/ice/salt/gravel combo any time...

Good morning, friends:

Going to meet the lads today on two wheels, for late breakfast. We are all retired, so if I am in town, then every Wednesday, we meet in the Aptos Hills, for said repast.

Today, it will be around 62 for the high, with clear skies. Starting on Friday, it will be around 67 or so. Early next week 70 to 72. Perfect riding weather.

Fairly soon, going to have run down to Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach, to visit with pals. Nice 325 mile run for the day.

Okay, you all have a great day.

Adios

Well, we all can't live here, can we? That being said, it is expensive to live here. Sales tax at almost 10 percent, high cost of living, etc.

However, when I am on two gen.1 wheels, the above is not a concern. Hard to beat the weather here.

I have a old British friend that lives in Albany, Western Australia. His location is the same as Pismo Beach, here in central California. About the same weather as here, but down under. He rides all the time, also.

One of his bikes is a original sand cast,1969 750 c.c. Honda. Mint condition! One of the first 750 Hondas. He rides it, some what often. Worth serious money now.

Time to think about heading out for breakie. Well, somebody has to do it! Lol!

Adios

72 here today and 79 tomorrow, with lows in the upper 40's. I love the cool nights and moderate days in (almost) early Spring here. Won't last long.
Got the FZ out and cleaned her up a little.
031224 FZ.jpg

Back