50 Degrees

Isleoman

Site Supporter
Not really looking for a partner............. as I'll probably only get in a few hours. Central New England is projected to hit 50f tomorrow and Sat. Hardly have to crank up the heated gear if it's 50 and sunny. New England just got inches of rain a few days ago, so roads should have little salt/sand. Every little bit helps fight winter fatigue. Shortest daylight coming up on the 21st then it only get better.

Not really looking for a partner............. as I'll probably only get in a few hours. Central New England is projected to hit 50f tomorrow and Sat. Hardly have to crank up the heated gear if it's 50 and sunny. New England just got inches of rain a few days ago, so roads should have little salt/sand. Every little bit helps fight winter fatigue. Shortest daylight coming up on the 21st then it only get better.
Hope you are able to take advantage! I'm looking forward to the 22nd, for sure!

Well the day I posted my planned ride I ended up in a hospital for 14 hours assisting/supporting a relative with serious health issues. Got out the next day with 46 degrees temps for three hours and it was glorious. Looks like we may hit 45-46f today. One can only hope.

Well the day I posted my planned ride I ended up in a hospital for 14 hours assisting/supporting a relative with serious health issues. Got out the next day with 46 degrees temps for three hours and it was glorious. Looks like we may hit 45-46f today. One can only hope.

Hope everything turned out okay! And, of course, glad you got out eventually!

I'm finding that it's not the temp holding me back as much as the 4:30 sunsets. Wish we would do DLST in the winter! By 7pm, I'm ready for bed!

Fingers crossed on the relative. I've done more than all I can do. They need to start taking control of their issues. Manageable issues let go for too long.

As far as 4:30 sunsets go....... I just took a nap. Scrap DLST. Implement MRT (motorcycle riding time)

Fingers crossed on the relative. I've done more than all I can do. They need to start taking control of their issues. Manageable issues let go for too long.

As far as 4:30 sunsets go....... I just took a nap. Scrap DLST. Implement MRT (motorcycle riding time)

I hear you re: taking control! My father is kinda like that, i.e. bitches and moans about how miserable he is but, at 80+, is grossly overweight and stopped doing any form of physical activity many years ago. He could've made much healthier choices but chose not to. :rolleyes: Hard to feel much empathy...

MRT... I like it! I did notice sunset is now getting a little later each day, so 👍

Hit 47 today in central Mass, Christmas Day. Got out for about 3 hours and it was very nice conditions. Temps have stayed above freezing for the last few nights and recent rains have cleaned the road. Only issue was sinking into my soft lawn, but that's a problem for another day.

Nice! Temp here got just over 50, so I was out and about for a few hours today as well! I'm very fortunate to have my firearms range be situated right off of a really fun backroad loop, so I often load up my tail bag and hit the road. If the range is crowded, I'm still enjoying the ride. So much better than taking my truck and having to wait...

The Christmas miracle continues in central New England temps in low 50s and sunshine lasted longer than predicted. Got in 75 miles. Roads are covered with condensate in the mornings but it burns off around noon.

Winter may be coming your way. here in KY, it got cooler yesterday, in the mid to low 40s. Today in the 30s, and snow and/or freezing rain tonight.

Painted mine in early Nov.
I bought the house and the disclosure said it needed "a couple of boards". Once I got inside to see how bad it was... I didn't find a good board. Wasn't connected the to the house securely and totally rotted away. He hid it well for the sale, and I ended up tearing it down to nothing and built a new free-standing deck. Almost done!

[corrected my horrible cell phone grammar]

Last edited:
55 today in E Texas and i need bacon. Today is the day i finally start parking the bike in the garage and not the trailer.

riding in december is pretty cool, I used to get excited to ride on my birthday in october. Soo glad i moved. First bike show is in february. Last year it was in the 80's 3 times in feb.

Its like an awakening. The rgv is going to get twice the miles next year as it usually does.

OK... you guys ride and enjoy the weather while you can. Flurries and cold rain here today... but it will warm up soon, if only for a few days. As soon as it does, though, I'm riding! Enjoy the rides!

Back