2014 Honda CBR650F Coming To North America

Dustin

2014 CBR650F Overview - Honda Powersports

CBR650FAE6_w1024-2.jpg

I dig this bike. Looks like it'll be a great all rounder. Would be a nice solo tourer as well with a claimed 50 mpg and 4.5 gallon tank.

The 650 motor is brand new and Honda claims they built it with low and mid range torque in mind. It still claims 86 BHP @ 11,000 RPM but I should imagine it won't be nearly as wheezy as the FZ6 which requires a lot of revs to get moving. 465 lbs wet weight as well which isn't too bad, about the same as the FZ6 and lighter than the current FZ6R.

Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, 16-valve DOHC Inline-Four – 649cc
Bore x Stroke: 67 x 46mm
Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
Power: 85.8 horsepower @ 11,000 rpm
Torque: 46.4 lb-ft @ 8000 rpm
Fueling: PGM-FI Electronic Fuel Injection
Clutch: Wet, multiplate with coil springs
Transmission: Six-speed
Final Drive: #525 O-ring sealed chain
Frame: Steel diamond twin spar
Front Suspension: 41mm telescopic fork
Rear Suspension: Monoshock with adjustable preload
Front Brake: Dual 320mm hydraulic discs with dual piston calipers
Rear Brake: 240mm disc with single piston caliper
Length: 83 in
Width: 29.7 in
Height: 45 in
Seat Height: 31.8 in
Ground Clearance: 5.1 in

I dig the gauges as well:
CBR650F_2014_04.jpg

Last edited:
Sound like the Fz6r, almost the same concept, event the rpm range. So the Fz6r makes more torque at lower rpms than the Fz6. I guess honda went the same way.

Sound like the Fz6r, almost the same concept, event the rpm range. So the Fz6r makes more torque at lower rpms than the Fz6. I guess honda went the same way.

This bike is very much reminiscent of the CBR600F of old. Peak power, fuel capacity and wet weight is very similar and it has the same concept of the 'every day sports bike' that Honda was claiming with the 600F. The difference is now you've got much better brakes + ABS, fuel injection, better fuel economy, more torque and a much better chassis with modern tires

F1a.jpg

Shame about the lack of a centre stand.

Last edited:
Even better news is Honda will be bringing back the VFR Interceptor for 2014 with Traction Control, self cancelling turnsignals, grip heaters and ABS (DLX model). This will be of far more interest for FZ1 owners than another underpowered mid-sport.

Last edited:
Although I'm a Honda fan at heart, and have wanted a VFR for a while, the riding position on these appears to be a bit more aggressive than I'd like (my 500R was just right), and the Interceptor is just plain too expensive compared to what I'm willing to part with for a bike.

Back