2012 fz1

I can't say I blame them, motorcycle sales, while somewhat recovered are terrible.

Looks like "Bold New Graphics" rule the day.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

From the feature page.

•Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or track days.

Yeah right!

Whew! Thank God! If they came out with the GenIII it would have been WWIII at our house. When and if they come out with the new generation, I know I'm really gonna want one. Mrs. Duffer is gonna have a hell of a time keeping me out of the dealership when it finally comes out.

Actually, the fuel tank went from 4.76 gals....to 4.8 gallons!

That will get you SO MUCH closer to the next gas station! Or, they could have just rounded up...

Actually, the fuel tank went from 4.76 gals....to 4.8 gallons!

That will get you SO MUCH closer to the next gas station! Or, they could have just rounded up...

Well, I'm not sure that they may have made a typo. I was browsing around on the Yamaha site and for the GenI they have it listed with a 520 Drive Chain. I also noticed the size of the tank at 4.8 gallons.

What a boring color scheme.....pearl white and black tail.....reminds of a Highway Patrol car, the only thing missing is some gold stars and Broderick Crawford (youngsters won't understand this). You can do a lot with a new tank and fairing shape and and some sharp color combinations, but this is just dreary. What a shame.

But Yamaha really went all out for the 2012 FZ8 color ...... matte gray. Blah, that is so 2008.

Times may be tough for Yamaha, but, c'mon, at least make an effort at sprucing up the bikes. Paint and some graphics are cheap.

Flash, check out the R1 ...... looks like Yamaha spent all it's money on the color scheme for the 2012 model. Too bad for FZ1 owners.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
You're not kidding! And then they (Yamaha) wonder why the bike doesn't sell :shaking head:

Is it really not selling? It seems like when a manufacturer releases the bike every year with a new colour scheme it's a good indicator that it is indeed selling enough to warrant that. I've seen in the past that sometimes the companies will just pull the bike from their lineup for a year or two until the existing stock is all sold to the dealers, then re-release.

It seems like Yamaha is introducing a fresh new look to the FZ1 every year.

Whether they're leaving the dealership floors is another question I guess

the color scheme is fugly either make it all white or all black.no point in buying a new one as there are still plenty of leftovers around

The one thing I was surprised at, w/Kawa's intro of the new ZX, is that they are not offering hard bags. A Euro mag hinted that the '12 FZ (in the US) would be available w/FJR bags as an option. Since the bags are already a Yamaha part, it wouldn't be that hard for them to have the hardware for the bags. Hmmmm . . .

Back