2007 FZ1 for sale - $4750

Come on now

Having done more sport bike track days and track time, and coming from owning a full on race prepped Repsol for the track and an MV Agusta F4 1000 S, and just about everything in between, I have to call BS on Torquewhore, I'm sorry.

There is no 03 GSXR that will do 180 MPH - Anywhere in stock form. I've never seen one in any form achieve that speed. "Indicated" 180MPH on the speedo is VASTLY different than 180mph in real life.... and I have seen indicated 181 on my R1 that had an actual measured speed of 162, even showing over 181.

I just hate when people quote brochures and magazines. Anyone who's gone 180 MPH knows at that speed there's lift and immense drag that makes you feel more like the bike wants to leave the ground and take off, not perform "dead stable".

Not to mention (having owned a 2002 GSXR1000) the Suzuki steered like a truck unless being ridden at 100% all the time.

Just my .02, and I know I'm new here, but I had a lot of trouble with the significant and numerous overstatements in previous posts. After riding over 30 years, I would NEVER call myself an "expert rider" as torquewhore listed above. There's always someone faster and smoother, and they're usually OLDER riders, not younger.

There's not much to complain about with the FZ1. I'd prefer some slightly lower and forward clip-ons and some additional aftermarket support, but there's nothing an established rider on this solid bike can't do. Being here in this forum is certain to show me the aftermarket options I've yet to discover for the FZ1.

Now I'm out of time for track days, touring, etc and wanted something I can have fun with while involving my new wife. Couldn't do that on the R1 or CBR1000RR, and the MV Agusta was a torture device.

Stay safe, and stay honest!

Best wishes to all.

Back