2002 fz1, I WANNA MAKE IT NAKED!!!

sammysr

I wanna make my 2002 naked! :) I'm new and I don't know to much about this but my first question is, what headlight should I get? I think holeshots new one is ok, but I love the mt 03 but can't find it anywhere? Can someone help? Also with the gen 1 will I need to get straighter bars to make it look good? If so does it make handling better or worse? Thanks!

Do it. But I believe you'll have to go a different route than Gen II. There are a few threads on it around here....."Streetfighter or something "?

Same sorta question was posted yesterday, I think the N headlight is ugly, and would be even worse on the 1st Gen. The tube frame on the 1st gen would look amazing with one of the big Suzuki GS1150 "train" lights.

8" I think. I used to have one, wish I hadn't sold it...

1985_GS1150_Daryl1_533.jpg

images

Or a twin headlight would look great on the Gen1 I think.

_ebb5344_-_version_2.jpg

I agree...Gen I definitely looks better with a round headlight. Personally I like one headlight, but have seen them with two and it looks ok also.

Last edited:
ok thanks! and im getting a good amount of money saved up so that i can buy a gen 2 two next year and sell my 02, and I WILL make that naked. Would it be better to just let my gen 1 be or do they sell better fully looking naked?

ok thanks! and im getting a good amount of money saved up so that i can buy a gen 2 two next year and sell my 02, and I WILL make that naked. Would it be better to just let my gen 1 be or do they sell better fully looking naked?

Hard to say for sure, but a stock bike is usually easier to sell. If you're planning on "upgrading" to a Gen II then just enjoy the Gen I as it is this year and save the money for mods later when you have the Gen II.

Back