2001 FZ1 VS 2004 Daytona 955I

SpeedDoesntKill

My Buddy has been blowing smoke up my A$$ for the past few days about how his bike will blow mine out of the water and how i should grow up sell my bike and buy one like his!!!! My FZ has Ivan's jet kit, custom exhaust(Single baffle completely free flowing). Removed center stand, removed AIS system. 9,300 miles Very well maintained. VS The adversary stock 2004 daytona 955i. A few months back I rode this bike, was very fast!! BUTTT the current owner has dropped it twice(Both Minor, But still WTF) and doesn't know the meaning of maintenance!! Im thinking this will be an easy win for the modified FZ What do you guys think? We will be settling it tomorrow night haha. Ill keep you guys informed

Last edited:
My Buddy has been blowing smoke up my A$$ for the past few days about how his bike will blow mine out of the water and how i should grow up sell my bike and buy one like his!!!! My FZ has Ivan's jet kit, custom exhaust(Single baffle completely free flowing). Removed center stand, removed AIS system. 9,300 miles Very well maintained. VS The adversary stock 2004 daytona 955i. A few months back I rode this bike, was very fast!! BUTTT the current owner has dropped it twice(Both Minor, But still WTF) and doesn't know the meaning of maintenance!! Im thinking this will be an easy win for the modified FZ What do you guys think? We will be settling it tomorrow night haha. Ill keep you guys informed

I had an 02 Daytona last year and have a couple of gen 1 fz's. I've had both bikes on the our Dyno and the FZ made 140+ the daytona 134+. The daytona is a few pounds lighter though and seat of the pants they feel very close. ...Riders being equal in a straight line I think it would be very close but on a road course I'd bet on the Daytona

Last edited:
They guy is like 40 and has been a harley rider his whole life. (Hence the attitude) Riding skills not so great.. I do Agree tho these two bikes are a close match. Don't forget I've removed about 40 Pounds from my FZ I'd say the bikes are only +-5 lbs from each-other. Im no pro but Im definitely ahead of him skill wise.

They guy is like 40 and has been a harley rider his whole life. (Hence the attitude) Riding skills not so great.. I do Agree tho these two bikes are a close match. Don't forget I've removed about 40 Pounds from my FZ I'd say the bikes are only +-5 lbs from each-other. Im no pro but Im definitely ahead of him skill wise.

"The guy is like 40" .....Geez now I feel really old at 55!

" Harley Rider his whole life " He must of gone though a hell of a mid life Crisis to try and Re-gain some youth if he traded in his Harley for a Daytona!!:yes:

so what you saying... your buddy is an ex pirate turned squid ...

practice a few launches first, I saw the skies and almost lost with a 100hp bike first time on my fz

Haha sorry about the 40 comment, nothing intended(I'm 23). I practice the launch a few times a week, not to mention I love wheelies I've spent a decent amount of time on that rear wheel lol so I'm feeling pretty confident. I just hope my friend doesn't mess up his bike or himself!!

Getting it on camera is unlikely, sorry guys!! Going down around midnight or one and neither of us have a go-pro. Ill make sure to get lots of pic's and video from Daytona this weekend for everyone.

Haha sorry for the delay, been in Daytona. Like I thought The triumph was in need of some tlc.... That being said the only time I saw the thing was while we were in first gear. After that she was just a headlight flicker in my mirror.

Back