200,000 Mile Club

Hey Troy, I got a Corbin from the Honda Hoot in June of 2001 on my 1st ride east. The 1st 1000 miles on the stock was more than my butt liked. I bought it and they shipped my stock one home. It's still in the box. I had this one recovered at around 100k.

Hang on 2WheelMax I need to update my spreadsheet and I'll post the info if not this next week then after I get back from Daytona.

That's freakin' awesome..... a huge CONGRATS to you!!! :D:rmwl::cheers:

I always love seeing people that actually RIDE their bikes, and aren't afraid to get out there and put some miles on them. Also glad to know I'm not the only one out there logging some crazy miles on a sportbike, hahah. That's great though it sounds like you're bike has been very good to you over the years!

I too ride a bike that's been 'around the block' a few times as well, lol..... '04 CBR 600 F4i that just turned 230,000 this morning on my way to work. It runs great though and I still love it. Here's a little vid I put together awhile back when it turned 200k, then updated it a few months ago with a few new things

https://vimeo.com/34062690

Once again congrats on the milestone, and hope to see you keep racking them up!! Safe riding! And hopefully many more happy miles to come :rmwl:

I always love seeing people that actually RIDE their bikes, and aren't afraid to get out there and put some miles on them. Also glad to know I'm not the only one out there logging some crazy miles on a sportbike, hahah. That's great though it sounds like you're bike has been very good to you over the years!

I too ride a bike that's been 'around the block' a few times as well, lol..... '04 CBR 600 F4i that just turned 230,000 this morning on my way to work. It runs great though and I still love it. Here's a little vid I put together awhile back when it turned 200k, then updated it a few months ago with a few new things

Once again congrats on the milestone, and hope to see you keep racking them up!! Safe riding! And hopefully many more happy miles to come :rmwl:

That is so cool. Congratulations to you also. I think my 200k was easier than yours though but I've never ridden a 600 F4i but I have the 600RR. Is that the original engine and have you had to overhaul it?

Heading for Daytona as soon as I can get packed and loaded....

Wow. That is a great video and awesome story! Loved the track footage too. Makes me want to get back on a CBR! :bowdown:

That is so cool. Congratulations to you also. I think my 200k was easier than yours though but I've never ridden a 600 F4i but I have the 600RR. Is that the original engine and have you had to overhaul it?

Heading for Daytona as soon as I can get packed and loaded....

No overhauls, and really not many repairs either.... mostly just little stuff. Biggest thing was a trans problem a couple years ago, jumping out of 3rd gear. Had to replace 3rd and 6th gears and the shift fork. No biggie really, I did it myself so nothing too major. F4i is definitely a lot more comfy than a 600RR.... the ergos and seating position is completely different. While it's no Goldwing, for what it is I find my bike to be pretty comfy.... or I've just gotten used to it, one of the two, lol. But I've ridden a handful of other sportbikes, and have yet to find one that I'd be able to do the touring that I do on mine. I guess it just fits me just right

Wow. That is a great video and awesome story! Loved the track footage too. Makes me want to get back on a CBR! :bowdown:

Amazing that is the original clutch!!

Thanks!! Yea I'm generally pretty easy on clutches.... I take off pretty much right from idle speed so don't slip the clutch all that much. I drive a manual trans car too and have for some time, so that def helps with the coordination. I got 321,000 miles out of the original clutch in my Accord, and it never started slipping just a broken damper spring in the disc. Bike clutch still grabs perfect and holds strong.... the last time I had it out the discs measured perfectly within spec

No overhauls, and really not many repairs either.... mostly just little stuff. Biggest thing was a trans problem a couple years ago, jumping out of 3rd gear. Had to replace 3rd and 6th gears and the shift fork. No biggie really, I did it myself so nothing too major. F4i is definitely a lot more comfy than a 600RR.... the ergos and seating position is completely different. While it's no Goldwing, for what it is I find my bike to be pretty comfy.... or I've just gotten used to it, one of the two, lol. But I've ridden a handful of other sportbikes, and have yet to find one that I'd be able to do the touring that I do on mine. I guess it just fits me just right

Thanks!! Yea I'm generally pretty easy on clutches.... I take off pretty much right from idle speed so don't slip the clutch all that much. I drive a manual trans car too and have for some time, so that def helps with the coordination. I got 321,000 miles out of the original clutch in my Accord, and it never started slipping just a broken damper spring in the disc. Bike clutch still grabs perfect and holds strong.... the last time I had it out the discs measured perfectly within spec

Maybe a GenII FZ1 can be your next mile eater.

Maybe a GenII FZ1 can be your next mile eater.

Very possible! I do like the FZ's.... my good friend and riding buddy Scott has an '06, and he loves it (and he puts some miles on too). We're supposed to go riding this weekend if he's feeling better... he's been sick lately. Def a sweet bike though!

bee0c6d4.jpg

78e8ee64.jpg

DSC04356.jpg

Jared, your video was GREAT! Thanks for sharing this. What an amazing testament to Honda! Also an amazing testament to you and your meticulous care of the machine, just like Denise! Congrats to you both for such milestones. :tup:

That awsome and now I don't have to put my first post on the forum - I got my bike used 3 years ago with 34,000 kilometres and now its got 120,000 kilometres - which is not even 100,000 miles. I was wondering if I should be concerned about it getting up in mileage - but I guess not - its just a baby. Which is great because I love my bike and I'd rather spend my money touring than spend it on a new bike:blowing_kisses:

Hi Freewheeler54, I used to worry about putting up too many klm on my bikes, but bikes were made to ride not look at,when/if you wear it out, just buy another one when the time comes

I'm behind but thought I'd post a few articles that I've managed to get done plus the link to the article in the Oklahoman which is our local paper.

Oklahoma City woman hits 200,000 miles on her motorcycle | NewsOK.com

200k Party at Maxey’s Cycle…. – fz1grl

FZ1 maintenance records. – fz1grl

There may be another article in Thunder Roads of Oklahoma & Arkansas but haven't seen it.

I had to go ride today as it was 90 here and for April 1st that's almost a record high.

This may be my favorite picture so far from the party.

That is very nice of them to throw a party for you like that and easily understandable why. Congrats again Denise! The picture is very cool. :tup:

Are there any plans for major work to the bike? How many more miles are planned for it?

I've already started the next 100k :)

I actually figured out that the "free" service is still to be done so went ahead and changed the oil, cleaned the chain and gave it a bath that it really should have had before the party. I'll save the free service for the next tire change probably late summer.

Only had time to go by the shop and tell everyone again thank you plus talked to a lot of the customers that were there looking at bikes. Danny tells everyone about me.

Yesterday I took about a 140 mile breakfast ride and enjoyed the weather.

So just going to keep riding it and see how it goes.

I've already started the next 100k :)

I actually figured out that the "free" service is still to be done so went ahead and changed the oil, cleaned the chain and gave it a bath that it really should have had before the party. I'll save the free service for the next tire change probably late summer.

Only had time to go by the shop and tell everyone again thank you plus talked to a lot of the customers that were there looking at bikes. Danny tells everyone about me.

Yesterday I took about a 140 mile breakfast ride and enjoyed the weather.

So just going to keep riding it and see how it goes.
I take it that you most likely have no choice but to use a ethonal blend fuel,if so it would answers our worry`s about useing ethonal fuel in these bikes [gen 1 an 2], Yamaha here in Australia say it can void warranty using this fuel.200,000 well done mate

I take it that you most likely have no choice but to use a ethonal blend fuel,if so it would answers our worry`s about useing ethonal fuel in these bikes [gen 1 an 2], Yamaha here in Australia say it can void warranty using this fuel.200,000 well done mate

Actually here in Oklahoma we have about a 50/50 ratio of no ethonal to ethonal stations and some sell both. You pay about a dime more for it but in my opinion it's worth the extra cost.

So here at least it's easy to pick a station that has no ethonal. However when I travel it's very rare that I can find a station that carries it. If I stumble across one in my travels you can bet that it's on my mental list the next time I pass that way.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada is a good site for the USA and it can be updated when we find new locations or have locations removed that no longer offer it.

I know that when I run it I can generally get a couple of miles more per gallon both on the bike and even the truck does a bit better so that tells me that it's better all around.

Back