2-up Rear Tire recommendations?

I don't have much experience with two up (only started taking my girl last year). That said, I'd maybe consider something stiff and long wearing like a Bridgestone T30. They do a more durable GT version if you plan on carrying a bit more weight than normal

I can only speak from my limited experience but the T30 is the best feeling and longest wearing (so far) of the three tires I've tried with a pillion: Bridgestone BT-023, Avon 3D Ultra Sport and the aforementioned T30

I agree with loosenut. Dunlop Roadsmart 2 @ 42 psi. The tread section of this tire is extremely stiff, so it resists any flexing and squirming, therefore giving long life. The tire weighs almost 16 pounds, as opposed to about 13 for many other tires the same size. Tough as can be. The traction is quite good, even in the rain. Not a track tire, but very good on the street and highway.

Another plug for the Dunlop Roadsmart 2. I've got over 7,500 miles on a set and they are no where near wearing out. I just ride single though.

Back