1st gen makeover, paint, R1 forks, R6 shock etc.

Once I got my extensions completed, it slowed the turn in a bit but exactly where I wanted it to be because without them it was too quick for me. The advantage of having them is the flexibilty to adjust that and you also relieve that added pressure on the wrists.

I use the gen1 risers with my gen2 upper now and it feels much better for long distance. The ultra low risers feel great in the tight stuff. I wish they had adjustable ones that you could raise for long distance and lower once you get to the twisties.

I think I'm going to order two sets of the spacers, one for my FZ1 and one for a Katana project I'm working on. I need some ground clearance for the Kat, and somewhere higher to clamp the clipons for tank clearances.

Looks great!
I've never felt the shock was holding me back too much in the twisties but the raked-out stock forks sure do. I hope to do this in mod in the future.

Looks great!
I've never felt the shock was holding me back too much in the twisties but the raked-out stock forks sure do. I hope to do this in mod in the future.

I weigh about 240 and always had the preload maxed out on the stock shock, and even then it felt soft.

The R6 shock was a huge improvement, I'm unsure which end most of the improvement came from, I sorta wish I had staggered the mods.

I'm sure if I had sent the stock shock and forks out to be tuned for my weight and abilities would give me as good or better handling, but I'm more of a tinkerer, and really like the look too.

I only weigh 180 so I've never found the suspension to be soft front or rear. It's more about the steering angle for me, it feels as though the front tire is starting to push if I go hard into a turn. It just feels a bit chopper-like in its handling. It may be more noticeable to me after owning two Buells in a row which have steep steering angles.

Hey what windscreen is that on your bike? It's pretty tall but not bad looking. I'm trying to find a taller (Givi Touring?) screen for mine, though preferably smoked.

Your bike looks great!!

Rob

I staggered mine. Without the sportier front, it really made the back end feel like it was steering the bike. With the sportier front, you can feel how they now work together. As I'm getting used to the sportier front, I'm amazed at how well both work together to give you a more stable ride. The best way I can think to describe it is you can push it harder without feeling like you are pushing harder. Hope that makes sense, if it don't I have no other words that will. :D

i have revised them after wolfs set there shorter at the top now but still give 10mm adjust ability i can get them anodized black now two
this allows those who want lower risers

534972_10150930741168800_909769203_n.jpg

Back