1987 yz125

Wow Mike! I'm super impressed buddy! Great work. Before I read the caption, I looked at the pic of the gaskets and I said to myself, "Why did he buy two new gaskets"? You did a great job cutting that bad boy out! All the parts look like new. Keep the updates coming. I love this stuff! :Rockon:

Coming along nicely. Can't believe PO went through the trouble of rebuilding the engine and reusing that head! Should be fun when finished :D

I agree the head is screwed and cheap to replace . He replaced every thing else.

Thanks Billy its been a fun time so far.

Dont worry Craig I will beat on this thing like it was screwen my wife.

today I got some white parts done. I will post some pics later. the only thing left is the frame.

0210131854.jpg

0210131923.jpg

few more parts done. all thats left is to paint the fork bottoms.

Yes I sprayed it with rattle cans. I figure the first season will be harsh on the bike so I went low $ on this one i have about $20 dollars and time in it so far. The sand blaster is always available so it can all be done again if it dont hold up. Next time I will probley go with powder coat.

Yes I sprayed it with rattle cans. I figure the first season will be harsh on the bike so I went low $ on this one i have about $20 dollars and time in it so far. The sand blaster is always available so it can all be done again if it dont hold up. Next time I will probley go with powder coat.

To be fair, you're into it for $320. :) What a deal!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Ok $320. I still have to buy front brake pads, chain/spr. combo, new fluids, and a head. Im sure there are some small things also. I set a goal when I started to keep the total $250-550 with the price of bike.

Pete, look at Ohio craigslist- Lima/Findlay. they are all over my area if you are will to do the work. I think there is a 87 in town with a locked motor in the $400 range. I think a couple 250s in $800 range.

Haha, she sat and watched me put it together, Nicole is great.
I think she just wanted the table cleaned off, but I did get a funny look when the motor came inside.

I remember in college washing the carbs from my GS1100 in the dishwasher of our apartment! Wife thought I was nuts. She's right.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Back