1987 yz125

1988 yz125

Picked this up today. needs a front tire and clutch cable, should make a fun toy.
oo.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys I just could not walk away from it when he said $300. we have plenty of space to ride around here.Now I can get out in the dirt with my nephews. When the track opens we will see what it does in the1/4.

Thanks Mike. I dont know a bunch about them. I guy I work with has a nephew that races dirt bikes he is in his early 20s but he has been around them his entire life. He even owns a 87yz along with a list of others for home and a few that he races so I am in good hands on this one. All my money can go to the bike and not the guy working on it so that will help alot. Im sure i will be spending money on it. the frame was just painted black and I dont care much for it. I am thinking about taking it down and repaint it.

Can't remember how old it has to be but sooner or later it will be a VMX so something not to trash. But still should be fun to ride. Plenty of power and decent suspension.

0203130049.jpg

We pulled the head today and the guy was truthful. It has a brand new weisco piston and new berings every where. The piston is 1mm over size(.040). That makes the motor a 128cc. Still have to check the clutch and power valve so Im not out of the woods yet.
so here is why it got rebuilt. The head is shot $40 on ebay.
0203130004.jpg

mid build report

0208132233.jpg
0209130318.jpg
0209130342.jpg
0209130343.jpg
0209130343a.jpg
Most of the parts are cleaned up, sand blasted and painted, and some polished. I only have the white. parts to paint(frame, swingarm, triple trees, and fork bottoms). All parts are sand blasted just waiting on me. Have to give a big thanks to dad who did all the sand blasting during his brake time at work and also supplied me new ss bolts to replace every thing every thing on the bike except the odd stuff. My buddy Paul stoped over today with new ss alen head bolts to replace the entire motor and a roll of gasket,thanks man. This is my first try at cutting out a gasket. It turned out nice. with the stuff I had and the help the the runing total is $311

Back