016's On Order!!

I'm taking a ride this morning up to Fishkill, NY to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel with CanonFuji and his wife. On the way back down I am gonna take a run on the mountain to try out the tires. I'll give you guys my thoughts when we return. Don't forget all the racing thats on today!!

Thanks Tony, We just got back about an hour ago. We never had to take the mountain today. Me, Ray, his wife, and my son, took 9 from the circle all the way up to Fishkill. I did however have the oportunity to stretch it's legs a couple of times. There is a 40mph exit which sweeps left leaving the Taconic getting onto Route 9A. I normally hit that turn at 60mph with no braking. Today I ran in harder at 75mph and it literally felt the same as my old tires at 60. Confidence inspiring is an understatement! These tires STICK...PERIOD! The best part about them so far is their stability at speed. You feel as if your on rails. I can't wait until Wednesday when I hit the mountain 1-up. I'll have the camera mounted that day with hopefully a new camera angle to show how the tire looks at lean. I have three days to work on it. So far I'm giving them 2 thumbs up!!

What profile did y'all get? I am looking at ordering I'm not sure what profile is best for these bikes.

NY - where did you get the red striping on the wheels from? It looks sharp.

NVM i went ahead and got a 60 for the front. I figure it will turn in faster. Ordered a set of 016's.

That Rider Direct place is the bomb! Cheapest stuff I've seen yet thanks op.

My front (Pilot Road) has a lot less grip than I'm used to and plus it looks pretty old and dry. It locked up on me last night I was going like 55 or so accelerating and a Mexican family looked like they were about to cross the road in front of me. Quickly braking the front end came loose and the bars twisted to the left. It was very close to tucking but I let off just in time. Bit hairy.

016's just arrived!

I ordered my set of Bridgestones this morning early. I hope to have them in time for the weekend. I paid $239.90 shipped to my door. There is a small cycle shop reallt close to me that will mount and do a computerized high speed balance, both wheels for $50.00 bucks. I can't wait to get that sticky rubber down to the road. I'll give a full report once I have a couple of miles on them.

$50 for both tires mounted/balanced seems really high. Is because of NY prices? Here is Dallas the same service will run you $10/wheel (off the bike)

My 016's just arrived - they shipped super fast from Motorcycle Tires and Accessories I love that place.

I plan on practicing rolling burnouts on my old tire before I switch em out. I will be filming. I hope I don't wreck!!! I am thinking of maybe reinforcing the areas that will hit if I fall over with some foam and old plastic or something. I already have frame sliders. I know the exhaust will hit though I don't know what I could put on there that wouldn't melt but still give the can protection.

Or, I could skip all that and just not fall!

$50 for both tires mounted/balanced seems really high. Is because of NY prices? Here is Dallas the same service will run you $10/wheel (off the bike)

My 016's just arrived - they shipped super fast from Motorcycle Tires and Accessories I love that place.

I plan on practicing rolling burnouts on my old tire before I switch em out. I will be filming. I hope I don't wreck!!! I am thinking of maybe reinforcing the areas that will hit if I fall over with some foam and old plastic or something. I already have frame sliders. I know the exhaust will hit though I don't know what I could put on there that wouldn't melt but still give the can protection.

Or, I could skip all that and just not fall!

Yeah, I guess it's those NY prices. I called three dealers before going to this private shop and they cheapest guy wanted $75.00 dollars off the bike, and the highest wanted $85.00 dollars plus tax. To me it doesn't pay to go to these real cheap places. A friend of mine who's name I won't mention paid like $6.00 or $7.00 dollars a wheel. Not only do they scratch the hell out of your rim, they actually mounted the rear tire backwards!! TWICE!! I guess they don't know what the little arrow on the side of the tire is for. Me, I was in and out in 30 minutes, mounted and balanced, and just as shiny as when he took them from me. Aside from buying a tire changer and doing it myself, I feel that the guy was reasonable compared to everyone else. Man it's cheap out west!

Anyway, get those videos rolling and please keep yourself on two wheels!!

These are awesome tires. Probably our best selling tire. We have these for 239 shipped!

I haven't had a problem with heat cycles on these tires.

These are awesome tires. Probably our best selling tire. We have these for 239 shipped!

I haven't had a problem with heat cycles on these tires.

Thanks, I am loving them so far but haven't had a chance to really run with them solo. My son has no choice but to stay home this Sunday morning cause I have an itch that needs scratching, and it's not fleas for those who have read my other post. Bear Mountain here I come!! Review to follow shortly.

Guys.... I'm getting Pirrelli Sync's for $113 and $156 respectivly before tax here in NC. at a bike shop no less. Sportcycle of Rockingham NC. Mabe even having to ship them the price might be better? Considerably better. I havn't priced the 16's though, but I bet their within $5 on either front or rear. This Bike Store has blown me away time and again with the prices, and the tire codes are reading numbers that are only months old, not build dates a year or two old.

Man ...NY, I hear ya about letting some Darwin award guy hank on some tires......... Uhhhhh geeeee I don't know dey musta had dem scratches on 'em when you brought 'em here......... I do ALL my own tire changes, and its not that tough with spoons and I use pieces of milk jugs to protect the rims where I spoon it over the rim bead, never had any 'events' or scratches.

up to 500 miles now.

IMAGE_010.jpg
IMAGE_011.jpg

IMAGE_012.jpg
IMAGE_013.jpg

IMAGE_014.jpg
IMAGE_015.jpg

My tires will never look like that. :)

My tires started to look like that after my first few trips through the dragon!
Ahhh, the DRAGON !
I fully intend to go this year. When is the date you all are going ? And, what all is involved ? I would like to hook up with an 'older' group if possible.
I had a 2006 Yamaha R1 anniversary edition that I had all ready to go (last year) when my knee blewout and had to be replaced prior to going. 6-months of therapy and a knee that still would not bend enough to ride the R1. Sold the R1 and landed on a 2001 FZ1. Sweeeet !

Ahhh, the DRAGON !
I fully intend to go this year. When is the date you all are going ? And, what all is involved ? I would like to hook up with an 'older' group if possible.
I had a 2006 Yamaha R1 anniversary edition that I had all ready to go (last year) when my knee blewout and had to be replaced prior to going. 6-months of therapy and a knee that still would not bend enough to ride the R1. Sold the R1 and landed on a 2001 FZ1. Sweeeet !

You haven't seen the Thread yet? There are 8 confirmed going down from Sept. 18th through the 26th. There are two spots still open as of yet. Check out the thread...http://www.998cc.org/forum/upcoming-events/6624-official-2010-deals-gap-thread.html

Let Eric know if you can make it. It's gonna be a blast. Also, you won't find a week's stay cheaper anywhere on the planet!

Ahhh, the DRAGON !

Check out the link Billy sent and come on down with us! Cheap stay and a BLAST with all new friends!

Boogers.....mmmmmm, yummy..... oh wait a minuate, I was talking about tire boogers, those little round tale-tale goobers on the edges that seperate the novice from the pro.

Hay.... I'v got a question..... how long riding a 'NEW' front tire to get rid of the 'grease' feeling and then start actually leaning.......Whats you guys consencus? I usually go easy for about a couple days and gradually lean more and more or go to Wally's World and do sharper and sharper slow speed circles in the parking lot out where there are no cars parked, till the chicken strips are about a 1/4 inch from the edge. Only when I can see virgin scuff rubber then do I ride up to speed, How about you all...........Rich...

Back