016's On Order!!

I ordered my set of Bridgestones this morning early. I hope to have them in time for the weekend. I paid $239.90 shipped to my door. There is a small cycle shop reallt close to me that will mount and do a computerized high speed balance, both wheels for $50.00 bucks. I can't wait to get that sticky rubber down to the road. I'll give a full report once I have a couple of miles on them.

be careful... they'll make you do stupid things... such as 100+ mph knee dragging... and my front Rosso is now blue from edge to edge from overheating it... I need to get the 016 on the front...

I'm poor... and the Rosso up front... other than being blue isn't showing ANY signs of wear... it's still gripping well... so I'll let it go for a while... until it starts to give up the ghost from too many heat-cycles....

This past weekend, I got to experience all kinds of first....mainly having the @$$-end break free....I really need someone to give chase and video so that I can get some helpful do/don'ts.

But I will say for sure that I definitely LOVE the PP 2ct over the previous tire....can't even remember what it was---geesh only 3 weeks.....CRS!

Adam

uh oh... that sounds familiar.... 'member I told you about overheating the edges on those things?? and how they'd get slick?? let them sit for a day or two... see if the edges start to look "greasy" and change color...

too many heat cycles... one too many times... basically, the tire has hit it's peak and is on the downhill slope.... it'll never grip as good as it used to... and sliding will be a common occurrence.... the thing that will change is the predictability of the sliding.. it'll let loose under less lean angle... and less leaned over acceleration... and then... it'll kick out faster and faster... and the slides will begin to be less controllable.... and scare you more...

then.. you'll take the tire off, with plenty of tread still showing, and throw it in the trash.

it sucks. but that's how it goes.... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

up to 500 miles now.

IMAGE_010.jpg
IMAGE_011.jpg

IMAGE_012.jpg
IMAGE_013.jpg

IMAGE_014.jpg
IMAGE_015.jpg

Must be like my riding (majority of righthanders) but my tire doesn't look anything like the above. I'll chalk it up to hitting something on the pavement or myself being exposed to more agressive riding.

Do you still think you are going to clear 2k with that rear?

I thought I got both sides pretty evenly....

I'm thinking I'll get 2,800 - 3k out of this rear... while the edges are super soft... the center is actually rather hard... it's really a great mix... I'll be running 016's for a good long while... unless they go all wonky on me after a few heat cycles...

oh... and the above pictures... we'll say that they were taken after a track session... so everything is legal and good...

but the above is a result of a 30mph corner on the.... "track" .... taken at roughly 115mph.

I like the reports that everyone has posted on the bt-016s but I think im going to try out the PP 2ct's.My reg PPs are good but they have too many miles on them and are now hard from too many heat cycles.
I might be in ABQ this weekend for the motorcycle mania at the track.

I like the reports that everyone has posted on the bt-016s but I think im going to try out the PP 2ct's.My reg PPs are good but they have too many miles on them and are now hard from too many heat cycles.
I might be in ABQ this weekend for the motorcycle mania at the track.

too many heat cycles... one too many times... basically, the tire has hit it's peak and is on the downhill slope.... it'll never grip as good as it used to... and sliding will be a common occurrence.... the thing that will change is the predictability of the sliding.. it'll let loose under less lean angle... and less leaned over acceleration... and then... it'll kick out faster and faster... and the slides will begin to be less controllable.... and scare you more...

then.. you'll take the tire off, with plenty of tread still showing, and throw it in the trash.

it sucks. but that's how it goes.... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I'd really stay away from the pp2CT

for the cost of the BT016.... get one... try it out... it's a good bit cheaper than the Michelin.

Last edited:
well, if your coming....and I don't have too many projects....I meet up with ya just to put a face to the name....maybe even bring my son to the track for added entertainment..

Adam

My "rubber" will be here tomorrow!! I can't wait. I'm gonna remove the wheels tomorrow when I get home. I'll clean them up real good and take them and the new tires to work with me Saturday. I'll run over to the guy straight from work and hopefully have them back on the bike by 4:00pm. I'll give the chain a good cleaning as well as the azz end of the bike while the wheel is out. It should be raining so I won't be missing anything. Sunday, on the other hand will be beautiful out which means only one thing!!....Bear Mountain for a test and break-in ride! I'll definitely mount the GoPro for this ride. I am working on a new angle which I am going to try out. You guys will be the second to see if everything is able to mount properly without any clearance issues.

Christmas In July!!!

The UPS man dropped off a goody bag for me at work today. Gonna go downstairs and remove the wheels to take with me to work tomorrow. Hopefully by 4:00pm I'll be rolling with new rubber!! Yeah!!

005-2.jpg

001-5.jpg

Where did you order them from?
I need some new tires bad.
Went for a ride today and got very lucky damn slick roads/tires or both im going to blame the tires.The front tire has like 9k miles maybe more.

Where did you order them from?
I need some new tires bad.
Went for a ride today and got very lucky damn slick roads/tires or both im going to blame the tires.The front tire has like 9k miles maybe more.

If you want a great deal, how about $239.90 shipped. Just go to .....
Motorcycle Tires and Accessories They ship really quick and these tires can't be beat at those prices. Believe me, I checked every site I could find and couldn't find them cheaper.

Well, well, well, I was lucky enough to put 96 miles on the new set of 016's this evening. All I can say is :jaw drop:! They are absolutely awesome. Even taking it easy, it was easy to tell the difference in handling, especially at high speeds. When you pick a line, they stay there! Period! You can thread a needle with these babies. I had my son with me for the maiden voyage so I didn't let loose on them, and also I wanted to scrub them in. I'll leave the twisties for a solo ride. Here are some shots of the bike with the new rubber.

Heres a couple without the wheels......

005-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

I regreased the bearings and axles and cleaned up the underneath while I had everything off the bike. Here's the front all back together.....

006-4.jpg

This is the rear. I really love this profile. I think I am gonna enjoy this set. How long they'll last is another story.

008-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

002-5.jpg

Remember what they look like cause they won't look like this next go around!!

Back