016's On Order!!

Hay.... I'v got a question..... how long riding a 'NEW' front tire to get rid of the 'grease' feeling and then start actually leaning.......Whats you guys consencus? I usually go easy for about a couple days and gradually lean more and more or go to Wally's World and do sharper and sharper slow speed circles in the parking lot out where there are no cars parked, till the chicken strips are about a 1/4 inch from the edge. Only when I can see virgin scuff rubber then do I ride up to speed, How about you all...........Rich...

I rode about 100 or so miles with varying amounts of normal lean before going hard on the 016's. They broke in pretty nicely that way.

What are you doing to your tires ? You're either riding at supersonic speeds, in serious heat, or those tries are POS. I've ridden on PP's in >100 degree heat on 130 miles of twisties at respectable speeds without stopping and my tires have never looked like that. Yea the heat eats through them but they don't look like that.

Time for a new update on the 016's... I've got about 1700 miles on this rear, and it's still looking rather good....

2010-06-02%2014.34.01.jpg

2010-06-02%2014.34.24.jpg

I need to get out there with my good camera... these are phone-cam pics... looking at the side of the tire, the sidewall has changed color about halfway down from the heat cycles... it's pretty amazing...

Also, these were taken after a ride with the top-box on, which was holding my camera gear... so I was going relatively easy.... in my textile jacket and Carhartt pants no less... so.. yeah.. I was just putting around when I took these...

Wait till I get my leathers on... then, I'll get some good pictures...

Back