What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Released the Hound

Took her out for the seasons first ride last evening (to get gas), and to work this morning!

2015%20-%201.jpg

I scored a set of Aprilia RSV4 Factory Ohlins forks. Just rebuilt and shipped from the UK for a bargain. Thank you strong dollar.

I also scored an Aprilia RSV4 Factory forged rear wheel for $450 shipped. These puppies are about $2,000 with APRC ring, sprocket and carrier, and brake disc.

All I need now is a forged front wheel and I'll have a Tuono V4R APRC Factory. Hehehe....

All parts are off of crashed bikes. Be careful out there this Spring!

Factory Ohlins.jpg

Camera Fun with Phone

I had a song playing in my head as I released my bike from it's winter captivity so I ran with it. For anyone who has seen 2001 A Space Odyssey, you will get it. It was quick and dirty but fun to make.

[video=youtube;iHsKY7ORRK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHsKY7ORRK8&list=UURQ_SJd_yIHl-omeno392ew[/video]

Oh, and I slowed the video of the garage door down to work with the speed of the song, so it isn't that slow and rattley in reality....lolup

Last edited:
brkt-sub-assyr-f_big06453MBG405-02_1057.jpg

Picked up my new bracket assembly yesterday, put it on and cleaned everything up -- all fixed! Brakes are working better than ever. I'll keep an eye on this part now that I know it's a bit of a design fault. I think with my fastidious maintenance schedule I shouldn't have an issue again.

I secured the last bit I need for the Factory kit, a forged front wheel. It's matte gold, what I want is matte black with the OEM, orange peal texture. I think I've found the perfect powder coater for the job to.

So the parts I don't plan to get, unless something falls in my lap, are the magnesium engine covers, the front brake rotors and the showerhead fuel injection. Chassis wise, sans rotors it will match.

Ricochet Customs

16a8ca9d37b5a69c8d960dd2ddde5160.jpg

Last edited:
Back