What did you do to your FZ today?

Was it a bitch 2 get the mph in spec? Had 1 on previous bike. Website for speedohealer that gave u the formula to set it wasnt accurate enough. took a lot of trial and error.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I calibrated it to correct only the error due to sprocket change, thus -5.9%.
I will however attach a gps on the tank in this week to see the actual error and then i'll decide if i prefer the speedometer or the odometer to be acurate...

I calibrated it to correct only the error due to sprocket change, thus -5.9%.
I will however attach a gps on the tank in this week to see the actual error and then i'll decide if i prefer the speedometer or the odometer to be acurate...

I did that too, what also works is being on the highway being next to any 06+ Honda civic, u can see their digital speedo lol

I put some stickers on mine

5ajy8u6y.jpg

It was a very warm Spring day here in Sydney and I went for a ride with some mates to visit 6 of the local dams.
Here are a couple of pics.
Cataract_zps98476bd6.jpg

Cordeaux2_zps4058fe7b.jpg

Nepean3_zps322ebe31.jpg

Installed Grab-on foam grip covers, installed a gel seat pad and took it on it's first ride after getting it.

Now if my saddle bag mount kit would get here... /tap /tap /tap

Installed a, switched, combo power outlet and USB charger on the handle bars.

As I am prone to forgetting to charge my phone and Sena comm system, I expect to use this a lot. :)

20141012_112104.jpg

That's a cool looking unit! Is it waterproof?

The packaging claims it is, with the cover closed. I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet, other than seeing if it is getting power.

I ended up using a cut up old inner tube as a bar spacer/protector, since I wanted it mounted in the center.

It was purchased, on clearance, at a local bike shop, but here's the manufacturer's link for it:

EKLIPES

Imp

Heading out for a trip this weekend, so I installed a new battery (stock battery on my 2009 was acting odd, not holding a charge, and tested "bad" when I put it on a battery tester). Rear tire was well into the wear bars, so I had a new Pilot Road 4 mounted and put it on last night. Was a bit tentative on the way to work this morning, since it was wet from last night's rain. Hopefully I'll have a better chance to "scrub it in" (whether you subscribe to the concept or not!) before we leave for Southern Ohio on Friday morning.

O42eAI1.jpg

Rode to the gym on our first cold day of the season where it dipped into the 60s this morning. I noticed my bike runs around 189* in the cool weather and the touring Dunlops have slightly harder compund and behave differently than the OEMs.

Gave her a good wash after riding 2200km+ to Phillip Island and back to watch the MotoGP. Awesome trip with an awesome bunch of guys. The Great Ocean Road is a bucket list item, I can tick that one off.

Back